Question Mazda 5

jwilliams

Hi! So, it looks like I'm picking up a second vehicle because life is too crazy for only one [emoji33] It's probably going to be a Mazda 5, around 2008 MY. I've got two FF and one in a booster. I'd love to have the harnessed kids in the second row, but I know that third row is finicky with boosters. Are there any tall HBB that fit back there? Any NBB that work without an adjuster clip? She's 49" and 50lbs, nearly 7YO. If not, it's not a huuge deal to stick one or both FF in the back and have the 6YO in the second row.

I tried to search the forum, but my patience and luck are running low. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

Dillipop

I have a 2012 and I haven't found anything for no back to work there yet. Granted I haven't tried hard as I like my ffing harness and rear facer back there.

I believe the 2008 is before the slightly better third row belt configuration so you may be out of luck entirely for no back.

I think I read that the evenflo big kid might work ok there?

jwilliams

I think I'll go with the booster in the second row so I can pick basically anything [emoji4] I'm super excited, I thought I was pretty much done buying seats for a few years (plus I will actually get to use my Fllo)!

jwilliams

Eeeep! I ordered a Tranzitions, which I have been wanting 4Ever in the worst wayz [emoji23] (sorry), plus a Harmony Big Boost. New seats happy dance!! Going to get the car tomorrow.

azohri

FYI for anyone else looking for a third row booster in the mazda5 later, the Recaro Proboost works back there with the weird seatbelts. It just has to be buckled if there isn't a passenger in it.

jwilliams

FYI for anyone else looking for a third row booster in the mazda5 later, the Recaro Proboost works back there with the weird seatbelts. It just has to be buckled if there isn't a passenger in it.

I'm actually going to pick up a Recaro Performance booster. Turns out the almost-7yo is happy to use a high back if it means she gets to sit in the back seat!

I could not get a good install with the Tranzitions in the third row. It was not secure front to back. I ended up getting the Fllo back there but it was also tricky to get tight front to back. Nothing like a good seat wrestle on a hot day...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC