Maxi Cosi Rodi AP

Lenae

Anyone have experience with this seat? I love the look of the RodiFix, but 1) it's $250 2) I don't need LATCH and 3) I don't like the lack of armrests. Sassy loves her Pria, so I'm hoping for the same cushy cover and great headwings (AP stands for Air Protect). We'll start booster training after she turns 5 in January, so I'm starting the search now.

I currently have a Parkway SGL, ProBooster, PerformanceBooster, and Turbo booster. I absolutely do not like the fit with the Parkway, shoulder belt is not centered and lap belt is high. Fit is great in Turbo booster and ProBooster, okay in Performance booster, the seat is just a little deep for her. Sassy doesn't like the cover selection on the Recaro boosters, she wants something more pink. I like the Turbo booster just fine, but I'd prefer something a little more cushy.

ADS

Lenae

No one, huh? Anyone had a small kid in the regular Maxi Cosi Rodi? The Rodi AP and the RodiFix look similar in size and shape, so I wonder if they would fit kids similarly. The RodiFix doesn't have the arm rests though, so I wonder how that affects lap belt fit vs. the Rodi AP with arm rests.

finn

I looked at the rodi for my son when he was 4. The fit was great, but it's price put me off! He was 19kg/41lbs & 110cm/43inches

Last edited:

ERFmama

I really don't like the HBB without arms, because I don't find the fit to be great. I like deep seated lap belt paths that won't slide when the child moves a little.
But I have seen others where it looks perfectly fine so it really does depend on the car it's in. I don't know if yours differ from our EU version of the same HBB, but I found the Rodifix and AP. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC