Marathon or Nautilus for plane?

Ducky5306

I have both (His normal seat is the MA) I think the MA is waay eaiser to install but is the GN lighter to carry? (I don't have it with me right now its 3 hours away at our new apartment so i can't check) I'll have my DP with me so I'm not too worried about having to carry the seat itself since we'll just check everything else except the seat.. We're flying from FL to MI with (hopefully) no lay-overs! once in MI we're renting a car so the seat will only be installed once while there..

any advice would be great!

(my son is 3- 37 ish pounds and has a short torso (Second shoulder harness slot on the GN)

Mama Jo

The GN is just as heavy. If not heavier. And I think the MA would probably install easier on the plane. The GN is really wide and sits lower.

I dunno... just a guess on my part. I've never done either and have no plans to do so anytime soon.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've flown with both (but only once with each.) I'd say it's kinda six-of-one, half-a-dozen of another. :shrug-shoulders: I'd agree that the Nautilus is heavier, and for the one trip I took with it, I didn't figure out a good way to secure it to the luggage cart we use to haul carseats (I'm sure with more experimentation, I could have.) However, on the plane, having the cupholder was a good deal. :thumbsup: Neither seat will leave room for the child to use the tray table, so having at least a cupholder was nice.

The Marathon is lighter, but still bulky in its own way. I got caught with the buckle issue when I flew with it (not understanding that you can't release the buckle easily once it's installed,) so I'm still shy of it for that reason (even though I understand now how to circumvent it.) I didn't use a cart for it, but carried it in a bag - however I've seen a lot of other parents here have put it on a cart with no issues (or used the GoGo Kidz or Travelling Toddler.)

My son could easily kick the seat in front of him in either seat. :eek: (But possibly, if we had had a Nautilus at the same age we had a Marathon, he wouldn't have been able to reach to kick in the Nautilus.)

I hope that helps somewhat! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda4uni

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2020 Carseat Media LLC