Question Malware problem

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
That is interesting, since CarseatBlog is hosted on an entirely different server and platform.

I'm going to start by removing one of the ad network banners at CarseatBlog.

Can you please tell me if it happens to you at CarseatBlog in the next few days? If it does not, then I will remove the same network here as a test.

ADS

Qarin

This is probably the wrong thread, but I've been getting auto-playing ads recently- I have a plugin that requires me to actively allow (hit-play) so it's not SUPER annoying to me, but it is kind of annoying because one of them is oversized. Anyway, I hit play on them so I could see what ad they were, to post here (I didn't hit play on the third one, but you get the idea). I thought you didn't want to allow auto-playing ads? But in any case that 12-hour (Mucinex, I believe) one is not behaving well at all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 10.11.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 10.11.19 PM.png
    157.9 KB · Views: 12

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
So this was the large square banner at the top right of the forum?

That is also the network I suspect for possible redirect ads.

Auto-play ads should not be present. I will switch that banner out once I confirm.

Qarin

Yes, upper right under "Google Custom Search", above "Welcome, Qarin"- should be 300x250 pixels. The left side ad, the Nissan NV ad, was also auto-playing.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Thanks! I have removed that placement for now, it may take a few minutes to stop. The video auto-play ads should be gone and I will see if I can have them disabled before I replace the banner. I'd also like to know if people are seeing fewer redirects now.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
For those who have observed redirects, will you please let me know if they are still happening? I have removed one ad network entirely as a test to see if it is the culprit. If you do see a redirect, please post as much information as possible:

1) Where you were when you saw it (home page, thread listings, individual post/thread, private messages, etc)

2) Your device (desktop, phone, tablet etc)

3) Operating system and browser (windows IE, Mac Safari, Samsung phone browser, Chromebook Chrome, etc)

4) Any information about where you were redirected, screenshot, link name, etc.

5) Any other relevant information.

This applies to Car-Seat.Org and CarseatBlog.com

I am doing my best to determine if an ad network is the source of the problem, but I need as much feedback as possible to do this!

Thank you!

mom of six

I spent quite a bit of time on the site today to see if thing have changed and I DID NOT get the Flash Pro pop-up!!! :dance:

I made an effort to jump back and forth between the forum and the blog and NOTHING happened!!! (pop-up-ly speaking)

I am on a dell windows 7 machine using chrome.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Has anyone observed mystery redirects or anything else unusual in the last 10 days or so?

I would like confirmation from anyone who had observed the issue previously before reinstating the previous network or substituting a new one.

SnoGurl

Has anyone observed mystery redirects or anything else unusual in the last 10 days or so?

I would like confirmation from anyone who had observed the issue previously before reinstating the previous network or substituting a new one.

I haven't been on the desk top a lot (am usually mobile), but haven't had anything happen recently.

mom of six

I haven't seen anything when I am on car-seat.org but I have seen it through other sites I have been on (through Pinterest and FB). This is a big improvement from what I was experiencing prior to the ad network being removed.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Can you screenshot again please, or is it the exact same link?

I re-instated that particular network last night, on assurances from the network that they had resolved the issues. I will remove this network again as soon as I hear back from you so I can report it again.

This pretty conclusively ties these ads to the sovrn ad network (formerly Federated Media Lijit ). It's too bad, because it was performing reasonably well.

Thanks!

mom of six

It is the Adobe Flash Pro pop up just like what is pictured in post #13. Like I said, it did not happen when I was on briefly yesterday, but first thing this morning, BAM. Even before I had clicked a thread to view.

mom of six

I surfed around quite a bit after I wrote my message and it did not pop up. Hope it works out. The only other place I get that pop up is random blogs that I go to via pinterest.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The ad network has asked me to try again with some additional changes on their part.

Can anyone who gets a phantom redirect to a phishing site like javaupdated or flashupdate please report any issues. In particular, I need to know what time it happened and the page you were viewing or trying to view (URL of forum page or description, whether it was home page, thread listing, particular thread, post, social group, etc). If possible, also include:

Your device (desktop, phone, tablet etc)

Operating system and browser (windows IE, Mac Safari, Samsung phone browser, Chromebook Chrome, etc)

Any information about where you were redirected, screenshot, link name, etc.

Any other relevant information.

SnoGurl

Question... I got a new computer, and have been browsing on it using the 'mobile and tablet lite' skin (which I also use on my phone). Do I see that ad placement using it? If not, i'll boot up the dino desktop tomorrow night and check it out.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I can't remember for sure, but I think the ads on the mobile styles are not from that network. I will try to verify tomorrow.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC