News Major Forum Upgrade 10/29

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Did you still need help with CSS?

Possibly, if you think people would like some continuity in color schemes from the popular skin choices. Otherwise I can pretty easily download a variety of new ones for selection. Might be done other areas that need done tweaking but I won't know until I get there. I could offer a small gift card for the help:)
Posted via Mobile Device

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Possibly, if you think people would like some continuity in color schemes from the popular skin choices. Otherwise I can pretty easily download a variety of new ones for selection. Might be done other areas that need done tweaking but I won't know until I get there. I could offer a small gift card for the help:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Well why don't you get the new ones and see what people think. If people are complaining and want an old one back, let me know and I will help. Or if another area needs some tweaks. No need for a gift card; I would just like to help out where I can.

bubbaray

I think it's "your" site and you should pick the colour. FTR i use the app and it's orange. Not my fave color but who cares? KWIM??

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I think it's "your" site and you should pick the colour. FTR i use the app and it's orange. Not my fave color but who cares? KWIM??

This would mainly be for the few still using desktops who can pick the style/skin from various options. For those who are using a particular one, those colors can be copied and re-created in the new version as well. I'm not sure if this will apply to mobile in the new version or not, but in the current version mobile has only one choice which is basically like the default desktop style.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Well why don't you get the new ones and see what people think. If people are complaining and want an old one back, let me know and I will help. Or if another area needs some tweaks. No need for a gift card; I would just like to help out where I can.

Well, it would require a little legwork before the update to copy all the existing color codes and such;-) I'd guess 5 styles would cover the majority of members who use the optional skins anyway, based on poll results.

bubbaray

The only desktop skin that I had an opinion about was snow. LOL.

And can I just say, I want Tapatalk to have snow. All year long

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I expect the downtime to start around 3AM Saturday morning, October 29th, plus or minus a couple hours. I would hope the forum is open again by noon on Saturday, though it will look somewhat different until I edit the default settings. Though the new version is similar in many regards, it may take a day or two to get it looking more like the current version.

There may be shorter downtimes early Thursday and/or Friday morning for some server updates. Some forum features that depend on addons may be temporarily disabled, and some may be permanently disabled at that time. New member registrations may also be closed for a day or two.

If you are still interested I can set you up. Basically you'd have to go into the styles and note all the color choices for each popular skin and note them for use after the upgrade. If there is any demand, you could then use the style editor in the new version to create a similar one using the color codes you copied.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
If you are still interested I can set you up. Basically you'd have to go into the styles and note all the color choices for each popular skin and note them for use after the upgrade. If there is any demand, you could then use the style editor in the new version to create a similar one using the color codes you copied.

Sure! Send me a PM with details or you can email me if that is better (forum email address is fine). I could look at this later on Friday night if that isn't too late. I have an event with them prior to that on Friday night and am taxiing to activities the previous 2 evenings.

Last edited:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Some forum features may be temporarily unavailable starting this evening. There will also be a short (1-2 hours) downtime Thursday morning, around 6am Eastern Time.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Apologies for the downtime this morning, if you see any additional issues, please report them here.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The forum upgrade should proceed within the next hour or two. We hope to keep downtime to a minimum, but extended downtime is possible. Apologies for any inconvenience during this process. As noted earlier and in the general notice at the top of the forum, registration and some forum features are disabled and all addon features will be disabled after the upgrade. We hope to have many features enabled again within a few days, but some will not be compatible with the new forum software.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC