Maestro Issue?

MommyofThree

I have an issue with my maestro. I got DW a Maestro Feb 2011 hoping to keep him harnessed for at least another year. I just had to take him out of it because now that he is wearing pants and light jackets or a sweatshirt the straps are not long enough. (I dont put him in a car seat with a jacket)

I just moved him up to the top harness slot. He is 6 and 45lbs and 45 in tall. Average for his age.

So he hasnt hit the 50lbs or 50 inches tall mark to have out grown the car seat. Nor is his torso too tall. The straps are just too tight and wont loosen anymore. (I keep him very snug)

So I called Evenflo and told them my story and they had no Explanation besides DW grew out of it. And that they had no replacement straps that were longer. Has this happened to anyone else?

ADS

Brianna

Have you taken the cover off to make sure that the harness isn't stuck on anything? I've never used a Maestro but I've had a Tribute which has the same harness routing and sometimes it pulled weird and I found slack in it that I didn't think was there.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
It doesn't surprise me much, since he's right on the cusp of the limits for the seat. At 6 I would have no problem converting to booster mode - is there some reason you're not comfortable with boostering him?

bnsnyde

That is the height and weight of my 5-year-old (though I think he might be 46/46 by now). (And his torso is 16)
There is room in the harness, though, of our spare Maestro.

I wish I had it with me so I could put a sweater on him and long pants, to test it out.

tam_shops

My 5 3/4YO is 40# and at least 44" tall, he is on the top harness slot w/ room to grow. He is thin, but long torso. We used the Maestro for our d/c seat and this summer for a spare and I didn't have a problem w/ the straps.

I agree w/ PP take it out/apart and check that the straps are not getting caught on anything and are routed correctly. Otherwise, take the light jacket and/or sweatshirt off and put it on backwards and see if that makes enough space to give you the few more months you want. Such a shame to buy a seat for a year and then not have it work for you...

tam

Dorothy

Sometimes the harness and metal piece on the crotch buckle get hung up on the bottom of our Maestro. It makes the crotch strap too short and the harness uneven. Hopefully its something super simple like that!

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org. Ignore the Autocorrect...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC