MA70 harness only for 20# and up?

hrice

According to the warning label on the harness Britax sent me it is.

Heather, CPST and Momma to Dustin 11/01, Colton 6/08 and Peyton 6/09

Last edited:
ADS

hrice

cupcakepirate11 said:
did they send you a harness for a different seat?

that is weird.

It doesn't look long enough for a FR. Plus, the FR starts at 25 not 20. It's just strange.

hrice

Ah! They sent me the longer harness for their convertibles. There is a note that says to keep the old harness to use for kids under 20. That's not confusing at all!

hrice

crunchierthanthou said:
Interesting. I didn't know they made a longer harness. Was it a warranty replacement, or did you have to pay for it?

Warranty. One side of the other harness is always looser. She said one side might be longer (as in defective) so she sent me this one. I haven't taken the harness out of my MA to see if it's uneven.

mkmama

Wow....that makes a lot of sense. Send a warranty replacement harness for a potentially defective harness, but tell the consumer to keep the old harness to use with children under 20 lbs.

hrice

mkmama said:
Wow....that makes a lot of sense. Send a warranty replacement harness for a potentially defective harness, but tell the consumer to keep the old harness to use with children under 20 lbs.

Yeah. That's what I'm thinking.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I know that they make longer harnesses for people who find the harness to short, but wasn't aware there was a weight minimum on it. It makes a certain amount of sense since with a bigger kid you'll presumably have the headrest taller and you won't be able to have the harness as loose as if you used the longer straps with a smaller kid and didn't tighten the seat properly. I still find it quite interesting though.

Did they ask the weight of your child when you contacted them? And did you have the old straps "nested" and put on the splitter plate in the right order if you've ever had them off? That could cause a difference in length if they weren't put back on in the right way.

Perhaps they just decided to send you the longer harness so that they didn't end up with a 2nd request down the road? Although it does you absolutely no good if you have a lighter weight child who might be using the seat.

hrice

I know that they make longer harnesses for people who find the harness to short, but wasn't aware there was a weight minimum on it. It makes a certain amount of sense since with a bigger kid you'll presumably have the headrest taller and you won't be able to have the harness as loose as if you used the longer straps with a smaller kid and didn't tighten the seat properly. I still find it quite interesting though.

Did they ask the weight of your child when you contacted them? And did you have the old straps "nested" and put on the splitter plate in the right order if you've ever had them off? That could cause a difference in length if they weren't put back on in the right way.

Perhaps they just decided to send you the longer harness so that they didn't end up with a 2nd request down the road? Although it does you absolutely no good if you have a lighter weight child who might be using the seat.

She did not ask me the age or weight of my child. Now did she inform me of the restrictions on the harness she was sending me. :thumbsdown:

The straps are nested according to the instructions in the manual. At least I think I have done it right. :scratcheshead:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
She did not ask me the age or weight of my child. Now did she inform me of the restrictions on the harness she was sending me. :thumbsdown:

The straps are nested according to the instructions in the manual. At least I think I have done it right. :scratcheshead:

Call back and complain? Have you done that already? The convertible seats don't have instructions for nesting the harness straps, but the Frontier manual does. It's not the way that you normally do it with the one closest to the curved part going on first - if I remember right, you stick the right inside the left (left closest to curve, so I'm talking left and right from behind the seat, not the child's left and right,) and then slide them both on at the same time. Maybe double check that and perhaps you can keep using the original harness?

equilibrium

I've just had my seat replaced this November and I have had to email them several times-wrong cover sent, secondary cover sent was a different version, and also the harness velcro to have it stay up on one side is not at the right height (liked sewed lower than the other side). It didn't even occur to me that the harness might be at fault and not the velcro? Also, I have replacement harness coming. The chest clip is also not working correctly-like bottom clipin part is sticky and hard to come out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC