Love the SureRide!

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
It's in the manual and printed on the back of the seat. This seat is a fantastic option for parents who want to ERF and Extended harness but are in a budget.

ADS

mominabigtruck

It is in the manual for the 4th slot to be used rfing. My almost 4yo would just fit rfing if he wasn't way over the weight limit. He wears a 5t and normally rides in a fr85.

Phineasmama

I bought one tonight, I had some store credit at Target and got them to price match as well. I just had to say that this seat is INSANELY EASY to install!! I mean no joke, middle position, 3rd row of my grand caravan with the weird middle seat belt and it was rock solid in less than a minute.

I am punishing DD1 for not sitting nice in her booster :D She's going to be verrrry surprised when she gets to the car tomorrow morning hehe.

kaharris83

I bought one tonight, I had some store credit at Target and got them to price match as well. I just had to say that this seat is INSANELY EASY to install!! I mean no joke, middle position, 3rd row of my grand caravan with the weird middle seat belt and it was rock solid in less than a minute.

I am punishing DD1 for not sitting nice in her booster :D She's going to be verrrry surprised when she gets to the car tomorrow morning hehe.

Who did you price match to?

YouAreTheFocus

It's in the manual and printed on the back of the seat. This seat is a fantastic option for parents who want to ERF and Extended harness but are in a budget.

Thanks to you, this thread, and your pics, my SureRide is ready for in-store pickup at BRU!! My DS has very similar stats to yours, so seeing your RF pics totally sealed the deal! :love:

This will be our new travel/backup seat (replacing a Tribute), but will be used as our main seat for the next couple mos, til I can check out the NextFit & the 2013 Peg.

YouAreTheFocus

Do you like it??

I installed it Sunday morning, so it's only been in use for a day :)

The install--what a breeze! Very straightforward & easy to get a super tight install. Like a matter of minutes! FWIW this is RF in the middle seat of a 2006 VW Passat. A world of difference compared to trying to get a BLVD in the same location.

My DS is 3y4m, 38-39" and 34 lbs. He is on the last RFing-only slot. When I tried him in the house, I had hope he could go on the either/or slot. But when I got him in the car--no way. It is miles above his shoulders. It truly seems impossible that he will get to move up a slot while RFing. I do wish there was another slot, as the one he has to use is significantly below his shoulders.

I had a little trouble with the crotch buckle at first. It is different from what's on our Tribute. It seems you have to have the buckle "prongs" at a very exact angle for them to slide in.

DS seems to like it. It certainly seems more comfy/cushy than the Tribute, which he's been in for a few mos. I don't think he even remembers his (crashed) Britax now. DH was impressed, he said something along the lines of "wow, they're making these (cheap) seats a lot nicer now" lol :) I think b/c he is comparing it to the Tribute, which is pretty bare bones. We are both impressed with how light it is--that combined with the easy install will make it a perfect travel seat for many years to come!

Persimmon

Oh, I thought it might be somehow related to the way they have to to test seats in Canada--something I know nothing about.
I think I am going to be kind to DH and not make him take the Foonf with us when we fly in May. So glad to have found a good travel seat that can keep DS RF for a while.

Jessica61624

Oh, I thought it might be somehow related to the way they have to to test seats in Canada--something I know nothing about.
I think I am going to be kind to DH and not make him take the Foonf with us when we fly in May. So glad to have found a good travel seat that can keep DS RF for a while.

It very well could be that they can't test it the way they did here to make the change. I was just pointing out ours changed here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC