Looking for comparison photos of Frontier/Pinnacle (booster) and Parkway, and fit in Intrepid

trinalb

Hi, I am hoping someone has some side-by-side comparison photos of a 2014 Frontier/Pinnacle and a 2015 Parkway as well as, ideally, information on successful or unsuccessful use in a 2001/2002 Chrysler/Dodge Intrepid.

Specifically, I'm looking to see if the buckle stalks in the Intrepid are too long for a good booster fit. I tried our Pinnacle (which, to me, seems incompatible in 5-pt mode with our Intrepid) in booster mode and the latchplate hits right at the edge where the side of the CR turns into the seat portion, so I assume that means the lightweight locking latchplates wouldn't lock properly in a crash and it is incompatible. I'm wondering if I'm accurate about that and whether or not the Parkway would give any better fit.

If you have any insights into how to get a good install with the CT feature as well, I would be over the moon. I already tried twisting the buckle stalks 3 times in all 3 seating positions.

Thanks!

ADS

Dillipop

Can you attach some pictures? And how exactly is the click tight incompatible as a 5 pt? Does the buckle itself interfere with the click tight closing?

As for the locking latchplate- it is a precrash lock for the belt to be used with 5 pt child restraints. It's entire job is to keep the carseat in the proper position until the belt system's emergency locking retractors kick in. So, with a booster, they don't do anything other than help keep the lap belt tight across a child's lap. In a crash, the belt will lock within the wall of the car where the belt goes in.

trinalb

Can you attach some pictures? And how exactly is the click tight incompatible as a 5 pt? Does the buckle itself interfere with the click tight closing?

With the buckle stalk untwisted, the buckle ends up right at the top edge and where the side of the carseat turns over into the beltpath and gets in the way so that the seatbelt can't tighten properly and that side of the CR ends up not tight enough. If I twist the stalk 3 times, the install is pretty solid but the lock portion of the lightweight locking latchplate ends up sticking up over the edge, between the side of the CR and the CT beltpath (hopefully all that makes sense). I was told by a CPST (on here in another thread quite awhile ago, I think) that they wouldn't be comfortable using the CR like this in case it caused undo strain in a crash and caused the CR or the vehicle belt to fail. I'm planning to email Britax about it but what do you think?

Untwisted

Twisted 3 times, showing 2 photo angles

As for the locking latchplate- it is a precrash lock for the belt to be used with 5 pt child restraints. It's entire job is to keep the carseat in the proper position until the belt system's emergency locking retractors kick in. So, with a booster, they don't do anything other than help keep the lap belt tight across a child's lap. In a crash, the belt will lock within the wall of the car where the belt goes in.

Ahhh that makes sense, thanks!

How does this booster fit look to you? Is the buckle okay at the edge like that, and does it look good positioning-wise?

I'm touching the bony prominences of his hips in the next two photos

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC