Looking for a seat with lots of "Crotch" room....

G8r4evr

DD just turned 5 and the crotch piece (sorry, I don't know the technical term) on her GN is really tight on her. Not only is she complaining, but it looks uncomfortable on her. I asked my husband and he said he cant adjust any more (does it adjust at all?) Sooo, I am wondering are there any more roomy seats (especially in that area) to harness a tall 5 year old in? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ADS

hedgefun

I don't have any suggestions for roomier seats, but I can answer one of your questions :). The crotch strap does adjust, but there are only two settings.

G8r4evr

The Frontier has more crotch room and is taller.

That is great news! Thank you, I will check them out now.

He specifically asked me to research the Argos, Recaro Pro Sport and True Fit...does anyone know how that would compare?

lauti

That is great news! Thank you, I will check them out now.

He specifically asked me to research the Argos, Recaro Pro Sport and True Fit...does anyone know how that would compare?

Skip the TF, it's just a convertible not a combo seat. The Argos is the same as the Nautilus. Not sure on the ProSport, I own one but my kid isn't that big. It's much shorter than the Frontier though - about the same as the Nautilus.

G8r4evr

Skip the TF, it's just a convertible not a combo seat. The Argos is the same as the Nautilus. Not sure on the ProSport, I own one but my kid isn't that big. It's much shorter than the Frontier though - about the same as the Nautilus.

Okay, marking off the True Fit and Argos. Thank you!

firemomof3

The Frontier has the most crotch room out of the 3 you mentioned and the TF has the least. I don't own a GN anymore :( because my ds outgrew it a while ago but he still has plenty of growing room in his Frontier. For size comparison he is wearing a size 7 pants and is a pretty big kid.

G8r4evr

Just read this about the Pro Sport....."There are also three adjustments for crotch strap depth. The outermost adjustment is very generous at almost 8.5″, equal to the best in this segment! " Not crazy about the harness limit height of 90 though.

dimitroff03

I'd also agree with the Frontier. I was having the same problem while trying to find a new seat for my son recently and the Frontier won. I bought both a Frontier and Nautilus to try side by side and the Nautilus just didn't have the same growing room in any direction. We're happy with our Frontier.

MommyShannon

Ditto everyone else about the roomy Frontier 85. Have you seen the videos of the Frontier 90 and Pinnacle 90? They are due out in May and have features that would make me wait. Its priced higher but we are all hoping it actually sells for a lot less like previous Britax seats have a history of doing. We love our Frontier85s but the install can be a little tricky. The new Frontier 90 looks to be the easiest install ever.

G8r4evr

Ditto everyone else about the roomy Frontier 85. Have you seen the videos of the Frontier 90 and Pinnacle 90? They are due out in May and have features that would make me wait. Its priced higher but we are all hoping it actually sells for a lot less like previous Britax seats have a history of doing. We love our Frontier85s but the install can be a little tricky. The new Frontier 90 looks to be the easiest install ever.

I really like the 90s, especially the Pinnacle...TFS. Now I am tempted to wait. 5/13 according to Amazon...do they ever release them early? ;) Also, what is the main difference between the 2 seats?

nataliem257

I really like the 90s, especially the Pinnacle...TFS. Now I am tempted to wait. 5/13 according to Amazon...do they ever release them early? ;) Also, what is the main difference between the 2 seats?

The main difference between the 85 and the 90, or the main difference between the frontier and the pinnacle?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC