News Looking for a HBB...

MUTigers

DD1 is 5yo, will be 6 in April. In my and DH's cars she rides in a Britax frontier clicktight in booster mode. She's been doing a great job!

The problem is in my dad's car, a 2014 expedition. The britax is too wide for her to be able to buckle well. So I'm looking for a HBB for his car.

Requirements: narrow enough for the middle seat of second or third row in the expedition, OR installs well with the headrest in on one of the sides in the second row. I'd like it to not be too expensive, maybe under $100 but I'm willing to look into more expensive options. This seat will only be used once a month or so, mostly around a small town but sometimes on the highway. If we take a longer trip and she needs to be harnessed we'll use the britax. Lightweight would be nice, but not necessary, is like to be able to use this seat to travel on a plane in the near future.

DD1 is 5.5yo, 47"+, 45ish lbs. Wears 5-6 shirts and pants, mainly for length. She's very skinny but solidly built and tall.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

MUTigers

I'd go with one of the Graco HBBs.

FYI you can't use boosters on a plane (never with a lap only belt)

Thanks! Any specific recommendations? I'm HBB dumb.

And yes, I know a HBB can't be used on a plane, I'd like to be able to remove the back so it can be packed in luggage.

babyherder

turbo boosters don't play nice with headrests. Maybe get a new booster for one of your cars and put a harnessed frontier in your dad's car?

MUTigers

turbo boosters don't play nice with headrests. Maybe get a new booster for one of your cars and put a harnessed frontier in your dad's car?

I'm really looking for a HBB. It's easier for her to buckle. Plus my dad isn't the best at making sure she's buckled in a harness, the HBB is just better for this situation. I really just need something that will play nice and I'm not close enough to borrow their car and take it to BRU or BBB and play.

EmmaGrace'sMom

My favorites in order:
Chicco Kidfit
Evenflo Big kid
Graco TB Safety Surround

I also like the Diono Monterey, but it's wide and needs a vehicle that can accommodate that. DD can buckle it easily in our Pilot, but struggles with it in most other cars. The Chicco and Evenflo are super easy for her to buckle in all cars we've tried.

MUTigers

My favorites in order:
Chicco Kidfit
Evenflo Big kid
Graco TB Safety Surround

I also like the Diono Monterey, but it's wide and needs a vehicle that can accommodate that. DD can buckle it easily in our Pilot, but struggles with it in most other cars. The Chicco and Evenflo are super easy for her to buckle in all cars we've tried.

Awesome! I was wondering about the diono and Chico. I'll look into the Chico more.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC