link please

Jewels

Senior Community Member
links to new carseat stuff

Is there a link where it specifically states it is illegal to sell used non compliant seats? Can someone link me to it please.

ETA:
here is what I found

link to quote below
By law, you cannot import, sell, distribute, or even lend or give away products that do not meet the requirements of the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA), which is administered by Health Canada. If you sell, lend or give away an item that is hazardous, you could be liable in a civil court of law.

#6 here is good

6. No person shall manufacture, import, advertise or sell a consumer product that does not meet the requirements set out in the regulations.
and you might find some more if you need more here

Last edited:
ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=209780

Link to letter to industry that states it is illegal to sell, advertise, or distribute seats which don't comply with standards. This applies to both new and used seats, and isn't restricted to just retailers.

A few people have contacted health Canada and have had it confirmed and I've had it confirmed through TC who contacted health Canada to double check - I believe there is a quote in another thread from HC talking about training seats.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Thanks Trudy,
I'm trying to help a friend figure out how to stop selling carseats on a mom swap on FB.

featherhead

Thanks Trudy,
I'm trying to help a friend figure out how to stop selling carseats on a mom swap on FB.

Can they make you a mod? Then you can enforce it a bit. I was wondering if anything would be done. I'd like to know who is in charge of PVO classifieds. There are a couple carseats on there right now too.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Can they make you a mod? Then you can enforce it a bit. I was wondering if anything would be done. I'd like to know who is in charge of PVO classifieds. There are a couple carseats on there right now too.

They are trying to come up with the right wording for it before they try to enforce it. I posted the one I shared on my wall and put it on there as well but they said it doesn't say specifically that it is illegal to sell them.

snowbird25ca

There is a quote on the Shushwap Moms Swap group (I think that's the name,) on Facebook from somebody who contacted Health Canada. Maybe you could find it?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Trudy I found this. They had some good links on there. Thanks!
link to quote below
By law, you cannot import, sell, distribute, or even lend or give away products that do not meet the requirements of the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA), which is administered by Health Canada. If you sell, lend or give away an item that is hazardous, you could be liable in a civil court of law.

#6 here is good
6. No person shall manufacture, import, advertise or sell a consumer product that does not meet the requirements set out in the regulations.

and you might find some more if you need more here

snowbird25ca

Looks like they are not allowing any carseat sales on the mom swap for now:thumbsup:

That seems like the wisest idea. I'm not sure the easiest way to regulate it - I don't think anyone was still making old standard seats for sale in September of last year - everybody stopped production to reduce the amount of seats that had to be destroyed, so maybe a requirement to post the DOM and that it be newer than September 2011 would be reasonable as a universal rule?

Realistically, 2012 compliant seats haven't really been around long enough for very many people to be wanting to sell them yet with the exception of some infant seats which are generally not used as long...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC