Legroom -- Recaro vs Britax (old style)

djma

I love our ProRide....love it. We have owned 2 Signo's and now a ProRide, so my love runs deep. LOL

Anyways, I see people turn people away from Recaro convertibles because of their "lack of legroom." While legroom is a definite downside, it is no worse than the previous Britax models.

I realize that Recaro convertibles have other downsides (high base, 35lb RF limit), but they are still good seats.

Anyways, Arly was nice enough to give me her close-to-expiring marathon for DD since it has a lovely cotton cover and shallow sides which will hopefully help with DD's skin issues and overheating. So I thought I would give some comparison pics.

By my pictures, it does appear that the Marathon is allowing slightly more legroom, but that is because it is not as upright as my proride.

**ETA I have re-sized these pics and don't know why they are still showing up so large. Sorry**

ProRide

Marathon

And because it's funny to me after having 2 average or above averaged size boys....DD is 3 years old, 34" and 25lbs and *even* with the second slot. LOL

ADS

Spam

I :love: Jonah! Always wanted it I could've kicked myself for not buying one off ebay for $20 just before I bought the ra50 lol. She's such a cutie! I love our proride too :)

MommyShannon

Your DD looks like she has longer legs, but here is my 33" 24lb 2 year old in a TFP. I love her new gen Britax seats, but love the legroom in the TF.
9bf1e875.jpg

djma

Oh she would definitely have more room in a TF, but my car doesn't have room for a TF. LOL It took up way to much space front to back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC