Least amount of rfing room?

love-pink

I have tried the MR. Its ever so slightly lifted from the vehicle seat bottom so I was not comfortable with it. :thumbsdown:

ADS

love-pink

Yeah a $500 seat is COMPLETELY not going to happen :p I cannot stand the evenflo chest clips. I tried one again at brus last night just make sure, that chest clip is almost impossible for me to get undone. :(

love-pink

What vehicle? Are the Britax seats too big, or is there another reason they won't work?

Its a 2011 Ford Fusion/ 2005 Impala. Both vehicle drivers are 5'11+. DD2 screamed and screamed riding in the RA50 because the lack of leg room. Shes very leggy and almost never throws a fit about ridding in a seat.

My Gma has a 2008 Impala but shes pretty short so about anything will work in her car. Its the tall drivers Im having the problem with.

love-pink

I have the RN and AA. My problem with that is the time that it takes to carry and install when I have so many other things to grab and get out the door. Its so frustrating to have to take so long to get dd2 and I in others vehicles. Then add our bags, the stroller and possibly one or two of my older children and their seats. :mad: Im just beyond discouraged at this point :mad:

I feel like the drivers are doing me a favor by coming 10 miles out of their way to pick us up for the day, I shouldnt be taking 20 minutes to get situated into the car to leave. Its so frustrating on my end to try to get the seat to fit rfing only to have to switch all the straps and everything over to ffing because I cannot get a decent install. My friends and family are definitely not pro-erf so I can only imagine the frustration they must feel while Im trying to squeeze a seat and 2+ year old into a tiny space. :(

love-pink

In the Impalas I can and have. In the Fusion she has leather seats and fabric seat covers that cover the center belt. She has her nieces ffing Scenera in the passenger spot that she often insists on dd2 using. I would rather use my own seat and know the straps and belts are set correctly for her.

Brianna

With which seat? I've never had a problem with the center of my friend's 05 Impala. If it's the Radian that may be another story.

I know you don't like Dorel seats- but will she fit in a Scenera/ Apt? Even if you're not a fan of them, it's seeming like you don't have many options.

love-pink

The RN is what I was having problems with in the center of the older Impala. Im not comfortable with no foam seats.

Dorothy

love-pink said:
The RN is what I was having problems with in the center of the older Impala. Im not comfortable with no foam seats.

*If* you were willing to use a Dorel seat to make what sounds like a very frustrating situation easier, would the padding on the OnSide Air make you more comfortable?

Sent from my phone using the app :)

Lenae

Honestly, I think you're out of options. I don't mean this to sound mean at all, but I think you're going to have to get Dorel or Evenflo or just give up. Britax has no RF room, the CCO is outgrown, the TF is heavy and wide, you don't like Evenflo, you don't like Dorel, the RN is a pain, the MR isn't working. You're out of options. except maybe a ComfortSport, but I hear that it's roughly the size of the CCO.

love-pink

Honestly, I think you're out of options. I don't mean this to sound mean at all, but I think you're going to have to get Dorel or Evenflo or just give up. Britax has no RF room, the CCO is outgrown, the TF is heavy and wide, you don't like Evenflo, you don't like Dorel, the RN is a pain, the MR isn't working. You're out of options. except maybe a ComfortSport, but I hear that it's roughly the size of the CCO.

Not mean at all. Its exactly why Im at my wits end :hitselfonhead:

jjordan

Have you tried a Roundabout 55? I have heard from several people that they have more leg room than the original Britax convertibles.

cookie123

I was going to suggest an Avenue. Mine fit where my Radian wouldn't, front to back and it does have foam. It is a Dorel, as you know, though. I can't recall how the leg room was. It's been ages since Matthew has been in it. I keep it because it was $11. I know I'll use it sometime.:)

jessi f

:yeahthatsad: I know your not a fan of Dorel but a CA would be a good fit for what your trying to do (if your ok with installing at 35 degrees). I have an XTSL, a TF, a MR, and the CA that DD alternates between and honestly the CA isnt my favorite. Not for any big reasons just little stuff like the cheap feeling chest clip. BUT if I had to pick one seat for DD it would be the CA hands down. She has the growing room she needs in it and it's a super easy install in any car Ive put it in FF or RF. It would be great for you bc if your driver was too tall for a RF install it would be so easy to switch the harness height to a FF setup. I'm sure you know all that and I'll hush now ;) Good luck working something out!

MommyShannon

Yeah, at this point you have to settle about some aspect. I think the CA would be the best fit. It's so light, plus fits well when upright more, no rethread harness, easy install, air protect wings, lots of leg room and height, and not as expensive as pria. I don't like removing the cover and the head wing cover can't come off but out of our seats I'd pick it our the RA55 for swapping easily which is basically what I do since dd2 gets carsick. The CA is lighter and has more legroom so I will keep it for DD2 bug hand down our RA for the new baby.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC