Lbb age?

Jnc91

When would you feel comfortable having a child be in a lbb for back up and field trips? I'm debating an amp for ds as a training booster/back-up but it may be outgrown as a hbb by like 7 or 8.

ADS

Brianna

This blog should help with your decision http://carseatblog.com/8243/to-backless-or-not-to-backless-that-is-the-question/

Personally, I would be very okay with a 7 year old in a backless boosters for field trips or carpools if the belt fit is good and the child meets the minimum weight requirement for the booster in backless mode. I would even be okay with a child younger than that riding backless part time as long as the fit was good and the child would stay in position the whole trip.

Just make sure he has head support in a backless :)

Shaunam

DS was 6 when we started using a backless for other people's cars. He still uses a high back in my car and grandma's car.

MomToEliEm

My kids started using a backless booster at age 5, mostly for vacations and carpool. They were primarily in highback boosters or harnessed in my car though. DD#1 moved full-time to a backless booster at age 9.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
DS will be using a backless in others vehicles very soon as he is very close to outgrowing his back-up turbo booster. We still have some time in his monterey.

kater-tot82

I am okay with backless use starting around age 6. My DD switched to a backless booster full time around 8.5-9, she is small for her age though and still fit and wasn't complaining about being in a high back booster (in our main car; in the secondary car she was in a backless starting at age 7, we couldn't buckle anything else easily).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC