latchable boosters

emars002

What are some latchable boosters that would fit a small framed 35lb almost 7 year old well? We have a turbo which she fits great in but DH never bucles it when she is not in the car and if he is in an accident, I don't want it flying around. Also, becasue she is so tiny, i prefer she not have that external force pushing against her if we are ever in an accident - I know the oobr would be a great choice, but is there anything else?

ADS

Maedze

The new Compass booster *may* although it hasn't been released yet. Other than that, your options for LATCHing are the Monterey, which is definitely out, and the Oobr, which would probably fit well.

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
I agree with the Oobr. My son is 5 yrs, 44" tall, and 40 lbs. He fits in it very well. He also says it is comfy.

emars002

hmmmm, oobr or x-fix? Any opinions? I can't try either of them out so I would buy it and be stuck with it unless i sold it in swap.

hsjwmom

Based on the fit we've seen in pictures here, ie. launching them forward and the lower height setting, I would absolutely choose the oobr. My dd still loves her oobr so far and we were one of the first to get ours.

Would it be possible to buy from a place with free return shipping, just in case?

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
They don't have the best price, but you can order an Oobr from Target.com and if you don't like it you can return it to the store.

emars002

Based on the fit we've seen in pictures here, ie. launching them forward and the lower height setting, I would absolutely choose the oobr. My dd still loves her oobr so far and we were one of the first to get ours.

Would it be possible to buy from a place with free return shipping, just in case?

I think I am going to have to or buy return insurance - I just read the posts about the "launching forward" feeling and that has ruled out the cybex for sure. She does have a nauti which I "think" they have decided at Graco can be latched but Shaelyn is loving that seat right now and I hate to buy another to use as a booster - i need a nice big baby store with lots of boosters to try out:p Boosters are new territory for me - i have owned almost every harness seat there is at some point, but no boosters except the turbo

emars002

You can try the Monterey. It helps to adjust the seat up a bit to keep the shoulder belt in better position.

Here is my 35/36lb 6 year old in it. She is using it right now for around town errands until her Parkway gets here.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=122329

Oh thank you for the pictures! I had just assumed the monterey would not fit a small kiddo well but that looks pretty good - I think will give that one a try - Thank you!!!!!!

Maedze

Oh thank you for the pictures! I had just assumed the monterey would not fit a small kiddo well but that looks pretty good - I think will give that one a try - Thank you!!!!!!

The shoulder belt fit in that picture is actually poor. See how it's sliding off the side? It's a common problem with the Monterey, which is why I do not recommend it for anyone but the broadest-shouldered of kids.

lovinwaves

Erin, we really like the seat :) As I said, you can give the Monterey a try. Not saying it will fit your DD, and you can see from some of the comments in my thread, some do not think it fits my DD well. In the pictures I posted I had not raised the booster booster on it, but I did raise it after reading the comments, and it fits her well enough. DD has a Vivo and Parkway on the way, but those of course aren't latchable. The new Recaro ProBooster looks promising as well. :)

emars002

Erin, we really like the seat :) As I said, you can give the Monterey a try. Not saying it will fit your DD, and you can see from some of the comments in my thread, some do not think it fits my DD well. In the pictures I posted I had not raised the booster booster on it, but I did raise it after reading the comments, and it fits her well enough. DD has a Vivo and Parkway on the way, but those of course aren't latchable. The new Recaro ProBooster looks promising as well. :)

We were going to get a vivo but DH is just so stubborn and he says he will try to remember to buckle the booster once he drops her off at school but I know he won't. Maybe I should hold off a little longer for the ProBooster - but i will order something from Traget to at least try and just return it - then i can at least get an idea of how she will fit and post pics for opinions:) Who knows, I may atcually order something that works for once:p

emars002

The shoulder belt fit in that picture is actually poor. See how it's sliding off the side? It's a common problem with the Monterey, which is why I do not recommend it for anyone but the broadest-shouldered of kids.

Oh I know it isn't great - but I figured I can try it and raise the headrest a notch or 2 and see how it looks - might as well add another option to the mix just in case:)

soygurl

We were going to get a vivo but DH is just so stubborn and he says he will try to remember to buckle the booster once he drops her off at school but I know he won't.
Have you tried just teaching DD to always buckle the booster when she gets out? If it's not hard for her to do, but she forgets, maybe it would be easier for DH to remember remind DD to buckle her booster, than for him to "remember" to do it himself? :rolleyes: ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC