LATCH wt limit in kia sedona

dandelions2

I just got our new carseats today - Britax Regents for my older 2 and a Marathon for my youngest. I want to use the LATCH for the younger 2, but can't find the weight limit for it in my manual. I have a 2004 Kia Sedona. I tried searching the net too and couldn't find it. Anyone know?

ADS

LuvBug

I would call the company. Usually if you cant find the limits your refer back to the carseat's manual.
How much do the children weigh? If they are nearing 40 or 48lbs Id probably go ahead and use the seatbelt since you know it will end up being one of the 2.

dandelions2

My daughter is only about 18 or 19 pounds so I know I can definitely use it with her. My son is about 34 pounds.

The manual doesn't even mention the LATCH at all. *roll eyes*

cso1997

I have an 03 Kia Sorento. My manual states that the lower latch anchors can be used up to 40 lbs. I don't know if the Sedona is the same. Good Luck!!

ETA: ITA, The manual is pretty crappy. I was shocked to see any mention of Latch.

dandelions2

Thanks, everyone.

And yeah, lilac, whenever I try to find anything in that manual it's like a wild goose chase. It's not user friendly at all.

I do like my van, though. ;)

Dillipop

Kia and Hyundai are owned by the same company now. I called about the limits on our latch and tether anchors in a hyundai elantra and they told me they defer to the car seat manufacturer, which means 48 pounds for the lower anchors and 80 pounds for the upper, since these are the limits our britax seats give for limits. I would guess your limits would be the same, since they are the same company, but I would call Kia just to make sure. (It will take a while on the phone, since they have to research it, since it is not in the manual!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC