Last day as a CPST

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Today is my last day as a CPST. I'm not renewing my certification. I'm kind of sad about it, but I'm not doing any seat checks and it just seems pointless. Everybody I do try and talk to just ignores the info and flips their 12mo old FF or moves to a HBB at 3. I'm done. I've come to the conclusion that people around here just don't care. :( They like their little bubble and will continue living in it. I just hope that their bubble is never popped and that they don't have to learn the hard way. :(

ADS

jennlana

Today is my last day as a CPST. I'm not renewing my certification. I'm kind of sad about it, but I'm not doing any seat checks and it just seems pointless. Everybody I do try and talk to just ignores the info and flips their 12mo old FF or moves to a HBB at 3. I'm done. I've come to the conclusion that people around here just don't care. :( They like their little bubble and will continue living in it. I just hope that their bubble is never popped and that they don't have to learn the hard way. :(

I'm sorry. Try to remember those that you did help! Some people are stuck in their ways and there's nothing anyone can do.

mimieliza

(((hugs))) Just remember, even a FFing 1-year-old or a 3-year-old in a booster is vastly safer in a properly installed seat than in one installed incorrectly or no seat at all. Your work made a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

creideamh

If it makes you feel better, there ARE some people around you that care! My two oldest cousins (16 & 18) now take charge of their little siblings' seat usage since their parents don't... plus, they call and report little kids without seats or bigger kids without seatbelts (they work in fast food type places and see a lot of those.) It's taking a loooong time to get through to Oklahomans, but some people really are listening. It just would be easier if the state law wasn't so awful :(

cookie123

That's too bad. But I understand. I never do seat checks. Nothing that I'm invited to is ever very close to me. The last one I volunteered for they said they already had too many techs. Really?

I like having it just for the title at work, but really, I probably won't renew again after this time. If I get my booster seat check.

I'm too old to be hopping around people's back seats these days anyway. Shoulder pain, low back pain, hip pain, feet pain. Need I go on? :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC