Kia Rio LATCH?

U

Unregistered

We bought a 2002 Kia Rio that didn't come with an owners manual. We are going to buy one to make sure our car seat in installed properly, but in the mean time I have a question. The Rio has top anchors, but the lower anchors are vertical instead of horizontal. Does this seem right? Perhaps what I thought are the lower anchors are not anchors at all? Or perhaps the lower anchors are just position verticaly instead of horizontaly?

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure-

It is possible that the Rio did not have lower anchors for 2002, only about half of all vehicles were required to have it then.

If it does have it, the bars should be horizontal bars in the crack of the seat, between the cushion and seat back. You can see some photos of LATCH in the photo gallery found on our page here:

http://www.car-safety.org/latch.html

http://www.pbase.com/carseat/latch

I would definitely call Kia or a dealer to get a manual. There may be very important information in it about securing child restraints!

Congrats on the new wheels!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shushua

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC