Question Keyfit vs SR40

HadleysMom

We used a KF30 for our DD and it was outgrown by height at 10 months old (95th percentile). I found an open box but still tagged SnugRide CC40 at BRU for $122(!) regularly $219 and I was wondering what thoughts on that seat are compared to the KF. All that I can find to compare the seats is that the Graco will fit a taller kid but it takes up more space and weighs more than the Chicco.
Our new baby is due any day now and is estimated to be bigger than our first daughter.

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi. Yeah, that's about what it comes down to as far as differences go. If you decide to keep the Snug40, make sure that you've got all the soft goods and other pieces and parts that are supposed to be with the seat. I bought a seat from BRU (for full price!) that was sealed and it turns out it had been returned and was missing an infant pad. You can look at Graco's web site to compare your seat with the same one and read your manual where it shows the pictures of what parts are on the seat. www.gracobaby.com

cookie123

I thought the CC40 was supposed to be super light. I'd be up for trying it personally. While I like the KeyFit, it is a shorter seat. My grandson also outgrew it at 9 or 10 months. I'm fan of winter in the infant seat and want it to last as long as possible.:) You should probably give it a try in your car. It may decide for you. It is supposed to take up more front to back room, I've heard.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC