Keyfit 30 or Snugride Click Connect 35?

ADS

momtoo3

The click connect seats only click into the newer Graco strollers made for click connect. So if it will be used with a stroller there is that to consider. I was choosing between the two and chose the click connect 35LX. I spoke to Baby Jogger and they said they have an adapter in the works that should be released before summer. I'm not due until Labor Day and have 2 Baby Jogger strollers so I was fine with that. My decision for the Graco over the Chicco was purely because of the price of a second base.

msg221

The click connect seats only click into the newer Graco strollers made for click connect. So if it will be used with a stroller there is that to consider. I was choosing between the two and chose the click connect 35LX. I spoke to Baby Jogger and they said they have an adapter in the works that should be released before summer. I'm not due until Labor Day and have 2 Baby Jogger strollers so I was fine with that. My decision for the Graco over the Chicco was purely because of the price of a second base.

Will the Click Connect fit on the regular Graco stroller frame? The person I'm buying for just bought that Chicco Echo stroller because she just wanted someting simple. She plans to babywear for the first six months since the Echo can't be used until then.

The only difference with the LX is the no rethread harness and lockoffs, right?

momtoo3

Will the Click Connect fit on the regular Graco stroller frame? The person I'm buying for just bought that Chicco Echo stroller because she just wanted someting simple. She plans to babywear for the first six months since the Echo can't be used until then.

The only difference with the LX is the no rethread harness and lockoffs, right?

It will not click on the regular Graco frame but will click on the Elite frame. The cheapest I've found that frame was $80 new.

And the differences are the no rethread harness (which is awesome,) the lock offs and the headrest.

If she wanted a travel system type, the Chicco Liteway PLUS accepts a Chicco seat. Target has one to match the Red Keyfit. It is about $180 and looks similar to the Echo but works for car seats.

wavegal

I would go with the graco over the keyfit simply since you get more usable time out of it but I also like using my infant seats until they are outgrown

msg221

It will not click on the regular Graco frame but will click on the Elite frame. The cheapest I've found that frame was $80 new.

And the differences are the no rethread harness (which is awesome,) the lock offs and the headrest.

If she wanted a travel system type, the Chicco Liteway PLUS accepts a Chicco seat. Target has one to match the Red Keyfit. It is about $180 and looks similar to the Echo but works for car seats.

Okay, good to know about the stroller frames.

I would go with the graco over the keyfit simply since you get more usable time out of it but I also like using my infant seats until they are outgrown

Good point as well. I like the Keyfit, but it also looks like it is more cramped than the Graco. I have known the mom-to-be since she was born and remember her being a cute, chubby baby so if baby takes after her, he will probably be more comfy in the Graco. Also, I know she likes purple since that is the color she got for the Echo stroller so another reason the Graco would be a good pick!

1mommy

Does it matter that the Chicco is easier to install (or so I've heard)? Also I've heard that the Chicco is slightly more padded if that matters. And no car seat is compatible with the Echo but if shes willing to spend a little more on a stroller, it is compatible with Chicco Liteway Plus. Looking at the Echo I see it reclines flat, so I am unsure of why there is a 6 month minimum age for it (not that I recommend going against a manufacturer's age recommendation, just curious).

msg221

Does it matter that the Chicco is easier to install (or so I've heard)? Also I've heard that the Chicco is slightly more padded if that matters. And no car seat is compatible with the Echo but if shes willing to spend a little more on a stroller, it is compatible with Chicco Liteway Plus. Looking at the Echo I see it reclines flat, so I am unsure of why there is a 6 month minimum age for it (not that I recommend going against a manufacturer's age recommendation, just curious).

I've installed both and find them equally easy and she is going to meet with me before baby arrives to learn how to install seats.

I wish both the Chicco and Graco had softer fabric for their seats (for the two I am considering). That's one thing I don't like about either.

I don't think she will be willing to spend any more money on a stroller since she already either bought or was given the Echo.

Her original plan was to use a convertible from birth (in fact, she has the True Fit Si already). I pointed out to her that I wasn't sure if the TF was a good fit for newborns and to consider that. Since you have that seat, have you tried it with a newborn? This is why I wanted to give her an infant seat as a gift, to make sure she has something that will fit a newborn and because she mentioned traveling by plane with the baby when he will be just a few months old. An infant seat will be way more convenient to travel with! Also, I think she will find it will be more convenient during our awful hot summers to have a seat in the house to put baby in rather than having to put him in a hot seat. I know you can throw a towel on the seat to try and keep it cool but honestly, when it is 115 degrees out in mid July, it won't matter!

1mommy

I
Her original plan was to use a convertible from birth (in fact, she has the True Fit Si already). I pointed out to her that I wasn't sure if the TF was a good fit for newborns and to consider that. Since you have that seat, have you tried it with a newborn? This is why I wanted to give her an infant seat as a gift, to make sure she has something that will fit a newborn and because she mentioned traveling by plane with the baby when he will be just a few months old. An infant seat will be way more convenient to travel with! Also, I think she will find it will be more convenient during our awful hot summers to have a seat in the house to put baby in rather than having to put him in a hot seat. I know you can throw a towel on the seat to try and keep it cool but honestly, when it is 115 degrees out in mid July, it won't matter!

I got my True Fit after my son turned 1 so I don't know if it would fit newborns well, but it does have short first straps and a nice padding system that lifts the baby up, and the headrest is removable for the littles (under 22 pounds and the red line) so that it can more easily fit reclined in more cars, so I think its ok for newborns (but obviously all newborns are different).

But I would NOT travel with that seat, it is a beast to move, so heavy and bulky! Once my husband manged to move it from my sisters to minivan to our car with my son in it without waking him but I would not do it on a regular basis.

Another thing for her to keep in mind if she plans on ERF is the weight limit. My son is a skinny minny so the 35 rf weight limit should last us until he's 6 if I was so inclined, but it may not be the best choice for chunkier babies, in fact I find it funny that the graco infant seat you want to buy her has the same weight limit.

As for being in a hot car, my son never complains about being put in it even in the summer, but my sons head and back still got sweaty where it had been touching the car seat (but not as bad as his snugride 22).
The fact that it has more space around the baby may help with it not being so hot, but well car's still get hot and babies still sweat. But I find infant seats just more convenient in general :) Hope I helped with my ramblings, lol.

msg221

I got my True Fit after my son turned 1 so I don't know if it would fit newborns well, but it does have short first straps and a nice padding system that lifts the baby up, and the headrest is removable for the littles (under 22 pounds and the red line) so that it can more easily fit reclined in more cars, so I think its ok for newborns (but obviously all newborns are different).

But I would NOT travel with that seat, it is a beast to move, so heavy and bulky! Once my husband manged to move it from my sisters to minivan to our car with my son in it without waking him but I would not do it on a regular basis.

Another thing for her to keep in mind if she plans on ERF is the weight limit. My son is a skinny minny so the 35 rf weight limit should last us until he's 6 if I was so inclined, but it may not be the best choice for chunkier babies, in fact I find it funny that the graco infant seat you want to buy her has the same weight limit.

I did have a True Fit Premiere, but didn't use them till the kids were past the newborn stage. I loved the infant padding it came with, but I didn't know if the Si differed much from the Premiere in way of fit for a newborn.

There is no way I'd want to travel with that beast of a seat either!

I am going to talk to her about ERF. Luckily my godchildren were on the skinnier side so even the first one to outgrow the TFP by weight was about 3 years and 3 months old when that happened, IIRC. My goddaughter is still a peanut and I think she was over 5 years old before she finally hit 35 lbs. and is petite as well. I bet she still would have fit RF in the TFP!

1mommy

I did have a True Fit Premiere, but didn't use them till the kids were past the newborn stage. I loved the infant padding it came with, but I didn't know if the Si differed much from the Premiere in way of fit for a newborn.

There is no way I'd want to travel with that beast of a seat either!

I am going to talk to her about ERF. Luckily my godchildren were on the skinnier side so even the first one to outgrow the TFP by weight was about 3 years and 3 months old when that happened, IIRC. My goddaughter is still a peanut and I think she was over 5 years old before she finally hit 35 lbs. and is petite as well. I bet she still would have fit RF in the TFP!

Really all I think the SI differs is the new headrest which cradles their head more. I like it simply because it gives my son a place to rest his head when hes sleeping, with the old TFP his head would just kinda flop to the side when he fell asleep.

Keeks64

FWIW the TF does fit newbs & well but really depends on the baby - it's a pretty wide set harness though which is the issue. We don't have the SI version in Canada but I haven't heard that it's changed from the other models in terms of harness height or anything :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC