Keep or sell?

melissa621

Looking for some opinions on this. I bought a Britax Pioneer on clearance a couple of months ago and I'm starting to rethink it. It's just sitting in our closet ATM because my son doesn't turn 2 for another week and I probably won't use it for another 1.5-2 year or so. I keep reading stuff about how it's a difficult install and such. Is it worth it to hold onto it, since I got a good deal and all? Or should I just sell it now and worry about combo seats down the road? I was just going to keep it since it doesn't expire until my son is 10 or 11. FWIW, my son is TINY and seats really aren't a big deal for him.

I'm also wondering because I've read about the new side impact testing coming up, so I'm sure there will be safer seats on the market in a couple of years. I'm kinda paranoid like that.

ADS

1mommy

I would just sell it, unless its your only back up seat. I find it so nice to have a backup seat in case of puking or potty accidents even if it only gets used 3x a year, or if you need to put him in someone else's car and don't have time to uninstall your seat, or you aren't around. Chances are your son wont even need a combo seat (not that you can't buy one, for fun) but if hes small most convertibles should get him to a safe booster age when you can then buy just a dedicated booster.

CMeMeC

Looking for some opinions on this. I bought a Britax Pioneer on clearance a couple of months ago and I'm starting to rethink it. It's just sitting in our closet ATM because my son doesn't turn 2 for another week and I probably won't use it for another 1.5-2 year or so. I keep reading stuff about how it's a difficult install and such. Is it worth it to hold onto it, since I got a good deal and all? Or should I just sell it now and worry about combo seats down the road? I was just going to keep it since it doesn't expire until my son is 10 or 11. FWIW, my son is TINY and seats really aren't a big deal for him.

I'm also wondering because I've read about the new side impact testing coming up, so I'm sure there will be safer seats on the market in a couple of years. I'm kinda paranoid like that.

Depends on the deal. I like to have options and a spare when needed. However, if it won't get used and you can get a similar deal later, than sell it and get something if you need it later.

melissa621

Depends on the deal. I like to have options and a spare when needed. However, if it won't get used and you can get a similar deal later, than sell it and get something if you need it later.

Oh yea it was a great deal. I doubt I'd find one for that price again, honestly. We have 4 other car seats and only 1 child :doh: He is really so tiny that I'm pretty sure that his Advocate and Nextfit will last him until booster age so we don't realllly need a back up. I'll just hang onto one of those. I plan on switching him to a combination seat when he is 4 though. I just can picture a kindergartner wanting to be in a "baby seat" when most kids around here are *maybe* in boosters by that time and more often than not, just in regular seatbelts.

Plus I'm pretty sure I have my heart set on getting him a couple of Frontier Clicktights in a couple of years :dance:

1mommy

Oh yea it was a great deal. I doubt I'd find one for that price again, honestly. We have 4 other car seats and only 1 child :doh: He is really so tiny that I'm pretty sure that his Advocate and Nextfit will last him until booster age so we don't realllly need a back up. I'll just hang onto one of those. I plan on switching him to a combination seat when he is 4 though. I just can picture a kindergartner wanting to be in a "baby seat" when most kids around here are *maybe* in boosters by that time and more often than not, just in regular seatbelts.

Plus I'm pretty sure I have my heart set on getting him a couple of Frontier Clicktights in a couple of years :dance:

Well if you want to buy him a new seat so he wont be in a "baby seat" you might want to get his opinion on it, such as color, comfort etc, so it might be better to sell it now and buy a new one then? Side impact testing being a plus...

melissa621

Well if you want to buy him a new seat so he wont be in a "baby seat" you might want to get his opinion on it, such as color, comfort etc, so it might be better to sell it now and buy a new one then? Side impact testing being a plus...

That's a good point. He's already very opinionated at 2. I didn't even think about that. I'll probably sell it. I'm sure new stuff will be on the market in a couple of years anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC