Just did an awesome "street-side" intervention!

AK Dad

So I'm waiting at a light about to turn into Costco when I look left and see a Toyota FJ totally misjudge the turn and slide over the median and into the truck next to me. (We just had another big snow dump up here and spring driving conditions are usually the worst) He slid to about 6" short of my truck, and after everyone took a deep breath all was fine. (And yes, before anyone asks, met all the minor crash criteria) I followed them over to the Costco parking lot and helped the young lady change the tire that had deflated due to hitting the curb, and immoderately noticed an improperly installed (and unoccupied, fortunately) CR in the back. So, since I had a captive audience, she got the full academics! Seat was forward facing, (16mo child), outboard position, plus with the wrong belt path, and top tether not connected. Unfortunately pretty standard misuse stuff. Anyway, she was very thankful and I got her back on the road with center seat, rear facing and a homework assignment of a little manual reading! ;)
Anyway, very rewarding experience, and in many way why I wanted to become a Tech!

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Great job! Are you a tech? You can get your name green if you are. :D

AK Dad

I am, and thought I'd done the steps to get that changed - not sure why it hasn't yet. I even went and added the association on my cert page. Guess I should message one of the mods

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I am, and thought I'd done the steps to get that changed - not sure why it hasn't yet. I even went and added the association on my cert page. Guess I should message one of the mods
It takes a few days! :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

I just checked the group list and you're not in the membership queue - once someone is approved, you need to go in to your user control panel and choose to identify yourself in the technician user group. If you've applied for group membership, then it's already been approved and you should be able to turn yourself green. If not, please apply for group membership and we'll get you approved. :)

AK Dad

Thanks everyone - I'll go back thru the instructions when I get home - I think I may have forgotten to apply to the group or something.
BTW, I just drive past the same intersection and there's another accident being cleared! For those in ANC, watch C Street and Dimond today!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Great job!

I think those are great "teaching moments" because it becomes all too clear that an accident can happen at any time and without any notice or warning. That feeling fades, but hopefully the impression you made on her about the safest way to transport her child will last.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Ah ha! That's the piece of the puzzle I was missing - thanks!

Sorry about that- access to the technical professionals forum is instant once you are approved, but the member must choose to display the title initially. I'll add that to the instructions as I keep forgetting to do so.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC