Just a vent.... or can I justify the new seat now?

Help me shuffle and decide

• Hand down the XTSL to DS3, buy a Frontier for DS2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace parts on the RN65, if possible, and use for DS3

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Buy a MR for DS2 and re-RF DS2 if RN angle adjuster workds

• Buy a TFP or a MA70, despite DS2's size and re-RF DS2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lilliput

So a week or so ago I posted about a possible rusting splitter plate on my RN65 with a DOM of 5/07. I emailed Jenna with the photos of the splitter plate and Diono sent along a new part...which arrived today. I was excited, until I unpacked it and low and behold, they sent me new harness straps instead of a new splitter plate. :confused::mad:

Back to the drawing board, I guess.

The above poll is to help me make my final decision while I wait on word from Jenna about the possibility of a new splitter plate - can't say I'm all that excited about waiting around for another week to resolve this - and a thumbs up that I can use the seat in the mean time, as voted by the techs in the last thread.

Kid stats:
DS1: almost 5, 41.5 lbs, 43 or so inches, harnessed in a Frontier 90% of the time, Cybex for short trips.
DS2: 2.5, 30 lbs, FFing XTSL 90% of the time, the RN65 in question the remainder. Yes, I know I should probably turn him back. If the angle adjuster for the RN works for others, I will consider it, but right now, it's not an option.
DS3: just shy of 6 months (check up is on 12/10), was 17 lbs. 6 oz at 4 months, 27 inches, currently in a SR22 which he is about to pop out of...

Vehicles are a 2010 7-passenger Sienna and an '06 Jetta TDI, which we have never tried a 3-across in.

Thanks....

ADS

cupcakepirate11

I would call and ask for a new splitter plate and you would have a whole new harness, even if you decide to get another seat you'd have this as backup.
Was the rust really that bad? Could it not be cleaned with a wire brush?

lilliput

I'm waiting for a reply from Jenna on a new splitter, so maybe I will end up with a whole new harness. It's more like a blackness and spottiness - no pitting. Can I clean these parts be cleaned with a wire brush? Hmm. The manual just says if there are signs of rust not to use it, but I'm not sure if this qualifies as rust by SKJP/Diono's definition....

Just realized option 4 on the poll should read getting a new TFP/MA 70 for DS3 despite his size, not DS2.... Sorry.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC