Jupiter Sit n Snooze?

simplychels

is this a seat name? if so, can anyone tell me when such a seat would have expired? I cannot for the life of me find ANYTHING online about this seat, so Im not sure if I have the name wrong, or if its just that old that there are no records of it anymore :whistle:

I havent seen this seat first hand, so I cant physically check for its DOM or expiration stamp.

Last edited:
ADS

Aprilmom

Re: Juniper Sit n Snooze?

I had a Jupiter brand booster called the Komfort Kruiser. I am 99% sure they were made here in Canada. I think the seat you are talking about came out before the KK, may be around '98
A couple of children I nannied for had them I just can't think of the name.
http://www.tsfbcaa.com/pdf/childseatrecall.pdf
There is a recall for it in here

Last edited:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

I found the Jupiter Sit n Snooze on a recall list (p. 16) and the recall is for seats manufactured in 1997. So... I'm betting that it's expired, even if they made it for a while after that. (It's a booster.)

simplychels

lol @ my typo. I knew I was suppose to be saying Jupiter too, but ya know how those things go

/fixed

E

Elsie R.

is this a seat name? if so, can anyone tell me when such a seat would have expired? I cannot for the life of me find ANYTHING online about this seat, so Im not sure if I have the name wrong, or if its just that old that there are no records of it anymore :whistle:

I havent seen this seat first hand, so I cant physically check for its DOM or expiration stamp.
Our son was born in 1971 and we had a "top of the line" Sit 'n Snooze reclining baby car seat... We used it in good faith and he sat in it and snoozed in it, but with hindsight... if we had EVER been in an accident with that one.... I shudder to think. Thank God that safety standards are so much better now and our children are so much safer!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC