Jeep Patriot

Heather98012

Ok, so anyone drive one or know anything about it? I remember reading something about Jeep headrests being a PITA with installs. I'm gonna go search for that thread. But, if you know anything about this ride, I'd love to hear the good, bad, & ugly. TIA!

ADS

Have you seen it in person? Are you getting a SCREAMING deal on it?

It's, err, not a class leader. That's about as nice as I can put it. However, if it's like $7,000 less than a competitor, well, all those faults don't seem so bad anymore. Then the horrendously cheap materials, low power, tiny rear passenger/cargo area, and all the other complaints can be more easily accepted.

Heather98012

ROFL....I haven't test driven it yet. But there is a dealer about 70 miles away where I could get a screamin' deal on one (like....almost half off). So, we may test drive one locally & then contact the dealership far away that Chrysler is closing.

Yeah, I wouldn't have blinked twice at it normally, but at such a low cost, it might be ok. Might being the key word there. I still don't know if it's doable. :)

Make sure it's an 09 model. Then, make sure it's being sold as new. If the dealership is closed, then it converts into a "used" model and that lifetime powertrain warranty isn't valid anymore. I can't remember the shut down date but it's coming up fast.

1/2 off would make me consider it. My mom bought a Dodge Caravan for $12,500 or so. I think MSRP was $19,000. No way it was worth $19,000, but about $7,000 off wasn't too bad. However, I'd rate the Patriot a little lower than the base Caravan. And this was years ago when the economy was still ok. You should typically get about $6,000 off MSRP off a Chrysler product in normal situations so for a dealer closing, I'd expect a ton more.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC