I've officially seen it all....

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Today, as I was walking up to the bank, I happened to look up and saw a little boy around 2yrs old standing in the front seat of a truck HANGING OUT THE WINDOW. The dad reached over to grab his shirt and pull him back in the cab of the truck. And sitting in the back seat, was a nice trusty car seat....obviously not being used.

Why are people so careless?????? I just don't get it!

And then, not 5 minutes later, I see an infant seat in the front seat of a 4dr sedan. It wasn't new, but wasn't old either...likely new enough to have a passenger side air bag though I guess technically it's possible it didn't have one....but still.

ADS

mommyfrog

I saw something similar a couple of years ago. A little boy about two years old standing in the backseat of a truck looking out the back window. Dad had one hand on the wheel and the other one holding onto the back of the boys shirt. I hoped he had just escaped his car seat and dad was finding a spot to pull over.

casmari04

I have seen parents drop/pickup their kids from pre-k in nothing but a seat belt, in Texas kids have to be in a child safety seat until 8 years old or 4'9", but many parents are still unaware of this law, even though it has been on the books since 2009.
I have also seen people at my church who will shove 7 people in to an F250, on several occasions I have seen this family put the booster seat for the 6-year old in the bed of the truck, so they can cram as many people as possible in to the back seat. Not like it matters anyway, because it was a low back booster, and the child's head is above the seat, so it doesn't help even if its used.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I saw something similar a couple of years ago. A little boy about two years old standing in the backseat of a truck looking out the back window.

Saw that one on the way home yesterday. Only kid was around 5 or 6. Facing me out the back window of a nice new truck (which was open), I'm assuming on his knees, and pointing his finger at me like he was shooting me. Nice.

HEVY

The other night we went to 7-11 and there was a car next to me, I didn't notice anything, until a young couple comes out of the store, gets in the car, baby is crying in the back seat with the lap belt on, maybe 6-7 mos old. By the time I lifted my mouth off the floor they were pulling out.

MotoMommaNH

The other night we went to 7-11 and there was a car next to me, I didn't notice anything, until a young couple comes out of the store, gets in the car, baby is crying in the back seat with the lap belt on, maybe 6-7 mos old. By the time I lifted my mouth off the floor they were pulling out.

wait....the baby was in the car alone also??

I guess I'm going to stop complaining about seat belted in the front seat 5 year olds. Better than nothing :shrug-shoulders:

I've definitely learned to "just not look". Seriously, if I see a smaller head in the back/front seat I keep walking/driving and do not pay attention. It usually only gets me mad or upset.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC