News It's the Foonf!

kidzndogz

Next time a cso'er gets to play, I need a pic from the drivers seat looking into the back seat. Because I'm just not seeing how this isn't completely obstructing the drivers view. You'd think with 3 RFing across you might as well paint your rear window black because you won't be able to see out anyway. It's my biggest peeve when I'm trying to check my blind spots and i can't because of a car seat. Recaro is good at that. Rear facing I mean. As long as its behind the driver it's fine but I don't like being limited to seating positions.

I hope it's just a visual trick in the pics and it's not really that high up. Someone prove me wrong please!

ADS

Stelvis

jeminijad said:
In Clek's market? Enough.

Every Advocate I've ever seen in the upscale suburbs around Philly has been FFing.

Yep. I see a ton of FF Boulevards and Advocates with 1-2 year olds in them at DS's preschool drop off. I can think of one parent with a $65,000 Lexus who has her barely 4 year old in a backless booster in the center with no head support.

EmmaGrace'sMom

Wow so it was a sedan than? That's really impressive for front to back space!!
If it is in fact a Camry the front to back space is awesome! I had my CA in a rental Camry and if I recall correctly I don't think I had to move the front seat up...and the CA takes a lot of space!

VoodooChile

If Clek wants to come to Toledo, I can try the Foonf in every spot in a Honda Pilot, rf and ff, pictures everywhere, and I have an almost-3 year old and a 6 year old (if she's not in school at the time) to model (for c-s.org purposes only, of course)!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Since head injury is the most common type of injury, and also the most serious, I'm very interested in the HIC (head injury criterion) numbers when they are released.

And Head Excursion. I think both were supposed to be reduced by the patented FirstSeat technology acquired by Clek. Not an easy task, since they can often be a tradeoff. Granted, I recall that FirstSeat touted the benefits more for side impacts.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
In Clek's market? Enough.

Every Advocate I've ever seen in the upscale suburbs around Philly has been FFing.

Yup- I never see Orbit Baby systems out here in the suburbs, even though it is a relatively affluent area. But downtown Chicago, especially in the trendy areas just north of downtown, they are much more common, as are super expensive strollers of all kinds. Granted, strollers are more "seen", but if you're in the right crowd, it's cool to have the most expensive of anything. I'm sure the same is true in Manhattan, LA and any other trendy area.

Of course, strollers probably don't have the upfront costs involved in crash testing and related safety testing like carseats do. So, you probably have to sell fewer of the high end models to break even than on a carseat.

Phineasmama

After seeing the pics I do want one :eek: Even though it would sit up super high in my CR-V I'm sure I would be able to get a great install, my buckle stalks are super high and I sometimes have problems because of that.

I wish it was coming out like...TOMORROW instead of this summer though!

Pixels

Since head injury is the most common type of injury, and also the most serious, I'm very interested in the HIC (head injury criterion) numbers when they are released.

And Head Excursion. I think both were supposed to be reduced by the patented FirstSeat technology acquired by Clek. Not an easy task, since they can often be a tradeoff. Granted, I recall that FirstSeat touted the benefits more for side impacts.

Head excursion applies mostly to forward facing. There are head excursion limits for rear facing, but it's measured totally differently than forward facing excursion. Forward facing, the head can't pass a certain plane that is so many mm forward of the bight. Rear facing, the center of mass of the head can't go above the shell. Head excursion is often a tradeoff for HIC forward facing, but there is no reason that they should be related rear facing.

HIC and real-life head injuries apply to both rear and forward facing.

BabyKaykes

I'm about to sneak out of the house and go Foonf'ing, they are 2min from me right now, for another 45min!

on my Kindle Fire using the app...I make much more sense IRL...

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
but if you're in the right crowd, it's cool to have the most expensive of anything. I'm sure the same is true in Manhattan, LA and any other trendy area..

Northern VA... :whistle:

It never ceases to amaze me how much people spend on strollers for mall-walking. I see some HIGH-dollar "stuff" at one of my local malls. It is ridiculous!

BabyKaykes

Chris said they're headed to San Diego, Dallas and Portland? soon.

I didn't try Bebe in it.

DS fits with a little more than an inch to grow in the harness, as well as 2 clicks on the headrest. At 6yrs4mths, 46", 43lb, with a near 16" torso, he has plenty of room if he wanted to RF, and the design is perfect for throwing legs over the side.
P2151363.jpg

On the floor. I should have took this pic while the seat was still on the Clek pedestal. DS couldn't really sit all the way back like he would in the car. But the front edge of the seat is right at the bend in his knees. I'll try and measure them when he's not napping.
0215121433a.jpg

To show how much room there is RF. The headrest goes up one more notch than this. And DSs locs are standing up in every direction. The harness isn't tightened all the way.
0215121433.jpg

In one word, Foonf is...PERFECT. And well worth the cost. I haven't been impressed like this by too many seats, and think the only other seat that has ever held my interest like this is the Pria. The thing is a BEAST, though. I tried picking it up and finally said forget it.

BabyKaykes

The seat is in full recline mode. The seat has 3 recline positions. And the best part? You can use any of the 3 positions both RF'ing and FF'ing. Yep - that means you can use the seat RF'ing fully upright, as well as FF'ing fully reclined! BUT, to have the anti-rebound bar on, it has to be in the fully reclined position. If you want it upright, you can use it RF'ing with the ARB.

thank you so much for your detailed recap - i thoroughly enjoyed it. i was wondering if you mistyped or i misunderstood. in the quoted passage, you wrote that the seat has to be fully reclined to use the anti-rebound bar. but your last sentence in the quoted section states contradictory info. did you mean to say, "if you want it upright, you *CANNOT* use it RFing with the ARB"?

just wanted to clarify. thanks again. you are very lucky to be foonf-ed.

There are 3 recline positions. They can ALL be used for RF AND FF. If you are going to use the ARB for RF, the seat MUST be in the MOST reclined position. If you want to use the other two recline positions while RF, you MUST remover the ARB, BUT then you can use the RF tether.

Did that make sense?

Yoshi

I am on my phone so I didn't read replies, but the baby's head looks like it is pushed noticeably forward even fully reclined.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC