Question Is this possible?

PunkyMonkey

My just turned 2 year old, just flipped her FF in her blvd 70 and the headrest is all the way up in the highest position just to be a hair over her shoulders!!!!! I thought I would have this seat for years! She's 34 inches tall and 34 pounds as of last week... Does this sound right?

ADS

PikkuMyy

It doesn't sound right. My son was 5 years old, 45 inches and about 45 lbs when he outgrew the Boulevard 70. I think your 2 year old would have to have an extremely long torso.

abigaylebelle

Did you look at the back of the seat and make sure that headrest is all the way up? I know my 5.5 year old is not on the last click yet at 42" total height, 14" torso. Has she outgrown it rearfacing?

PunkyMonkey

She's in bed so I can't really measure her atm but she is wearing 4T shirts because she has a longer torso but she's a very thick & solid kid all around... I just cannot believe it! I'll take a pic tomorrow.. Maybe there is something I can adjust :-( we're potty training soon too so I hope no diaper will give her a half an inch too (soon.. Not quite ready yet!)

Stelvis

That would surprise me, my 4 year old has outgrown FF but he has a very long torso and he was at least 36" when he outgrew it RF.

ETA I just read you said 4T shirts. So I guess it's possible. But then I'm thinking she would have outgrown it RF a while ago.

PunkyMonkey

Did you look at the back of the seat and make sure that headrest is all the way up? I know my 5.5 year old is not on the last click yet at 42" total height, 14" torso. Has she outgrown it rearfacing?

I can pull it out and check... The seat in XDHs car is a 35 pound RF roundabout and leg room was getting bad so he flipped her and so of course she starting throwing a fit in my car still being RF and not in his so I flipped her.. She spends equal time in both of our cars now to make it a significant difference but if she outgrows it FF and still fits RF I will flip it back and deal because I don't have extra funds for a Frontier or Nautilus right now.

momtoo3

Ds3 is 4 yrs, 39.5-40 inches and 33 ish pounds. He still has at least 1 click, most likely more to grow in his MA70. I'd have to check to see how many clicks because I just had to move his FR85 up a click yesterday but he definitely still fits in his MA70 FF. He has outgrown it RF. I can't imagine outgrowing that seat FF but not RF. It is super hard to adjust when it is installed in 2 out of 3 of our vehicles. Are you adjusting it with your dd in the seat and installed? If so uninstall it and try again :).

PunkyMonkey

She fit in it RF because her head wasn't within 1 inch of shell, it was more reclined and straps were under shoulders.. It's just the straps that is concerning me

momtoo3

She fit in it RF because her head wasn't within 1 inch of shell, it was more reclined and straps were under shoulders.. It's just the straps that is concerning me

Ds3's head is even with the top of the shell RF and FF. He still has room to move the harness up so I would bet if it is installed when you are adjusting it, it is just getting stuck.

Last edited:

Syllieann

Ds is in 5t shirts and has about an inch of growing room in it. Sounds like something got caught. We don't have a lot of extra harness left so maybe that is whats stopping it. You might need to loosen the harness more, like an absurd amount to get it all the way up.

momtoo3

Here are pictures I just took of ds3 a minute ago. The first one is with the straps three clicks from the top. They are a hair above his shoulders. The second and third are all the way up. It gives him another 1.5 inches. Each click seems to be about 1/2 inch.

View attachment 19255

View attachment 19256

View attachment 19257

ETA: Apparently I did not hold my phone at a good angle. The pics look like he was over the slots on the first one but he definitely was a tiny bit under. The second and third make it look like a lot less than 1.5 inches but I measured :).

Last edited:

Stelvis

Even Darren's wacky (dig the goofy pose), and tall, 7 year old fit in the BV, if barely... http://carseatblog.com/18085/britax-advocate-70-g3-convertible-carseat-review-3rd-generation-improvements-updates/
I can imagine a kid with 4t shirts still fitting RF, my own 4.5 --wearing 4/5's--year old still had a couple inches over her head in the classic model and the new gens are only like half an inch shorter.

I think shirt fit must be influenced by brand and weight of the kid. There's no way my 4 year old DS fits RF in a classic Britax and he wears 4-5 shirts. He also has a big head, I guess. He is a hair over the top position FF of a new gen BLVD. He outgrew the new gen RF at right around 2.

PunkyMonkey

Ok thank you so much everyone... The harness must have been jammed or something because I pulled the seat out, loosened the straps All the way out and then put it up and it went up 2 more clicks which looks like she has a whole inch and a half more now!!!!! I feel like an idiot but I was pulling it up before and it was not budging and I didn't want to pull it too hard and break it!!!!! Thanks again, I really appreciate it!!!

arly1983

I think shirt fit must be influenced by brand and weight of the kid. There's no way my 4 year old DS fits RF in a classic Britax and he wears 4-5 shirts. He also has a big head, I guess. He is a hair over the top position FF of a new gen BLVD. He outgrew the new gen RF at right around 2.

To the OT:
See if the comfort pad is bunched up under the seat area. I one thought DS1 had outgrown the MA by height at almost 3 but the pading wasn't at the right harness slot and had slid down and bunched and folded on itself.

Totally off-topic:
In my experience some brands of girls shirts run much smaller than their boy shirts. :( My DD has to wear a 7 or 8 in some brands because of them being too short and tight in the chest and she is usually a 6 but would swim in the same brands size 7 or 8 boys shirts. It irks me so much that I have not bought things for her if I didn't really need them and went to a different store. It drives me bonkers to have to buy her a size 8 when I am buying her big brother who is 24 lbs heavier and 6 ins taller a size 8. I don't think I would have noticed it if I wasn't shopping for multiple kids in the boys and girls department at one time.

Stelvis

To the OT:
See if the comfort pad is bunched up under the seat area. I one thought DS1 had outgrown the MA by height at almost 3 but the pading wasn't at the right harness slot and had slid down and bunched and folded on itself.

Totally off-topic:
In my experience some brands of girls shirts run much smaller than their boy shirts. :( My DD has to wear a 7 or 8 in some brands because of them being too short and tight in the chest and she is usually a 6 but would swim in the same brands size 7 or 8 boys shirts. It irks me so much that I have not bought things for her if I didn't really need them and went to a different store. It drives me bonkers to have to buy her a size 8 when I am buying her big brother who is 24 lbs heavier and 6 ins taller a size 8. I don't think I would have noticed it if I wasn't shopping for multiple kids in the boys and girls department at one time.

Interesting! So far, in mostly Carter's stuff, they seem to be running about the same between boys and girls. But I have noticed that Target shirts seem to run really small for girls.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok thank you so much everyone... The harness must have been jammed or something because I pulled the seat out, loosened the straps All the way out and then put it up and it went up 2 more clicks which looks like she has a whole inch and a half more now!!!!! I feel like an idiot but I was pulling it up before and it was not budging and I didn't want to pull it too hard and break it!!!!! Thanks again, I really appreciate it!!!

So glad you figured it out!!!

arly1983

Thats great, OP! YAY! That would be super sad if you had to stop using such nice seats so soon because DD had outgrown them.

Interesting! So far, in mostly Carter's stuff, they seem to be running about the same between boys and girls. But I have noticed that Target shirts seem to run really small for girls.

Carters is one of the brands I don't seem to have a problem with. Target is one of the ones that seem to run small for girls esp once you get above a size six. I also like J Khaki, Gymboree, Crazy 8...It seems to be hit or miss with TCP. I didn't buy her a thing the last time we were in ON. Garanimals at walmart seems to be ok last time DD could wear them in a 5T. Other brands at walmart haven't been that great after 5Ts. Landsend seems to run just about right. I am an eclectic shopper for sure. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC