Is this CL stroller a good deal? Or one you'd recommend?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's a good deal. I like the stroller though don't absolutely 100% adore it. It's a city stroller- good for malls and well-kept sidewalks. Not for gravel paths and roughly paved streets and beaches.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It has the bassinet which I love for newborns included and the seat which is good for an average kid until around 3.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I don't have it and have never used it, but I am not a fan of its design and features at that price point. Just seems overpriced, even at the $600 used price.

This review might help: http://youtu.be/1zQuW1pokzI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie123

I don't have it and have never used it, but I am not a fan of its design and features at that price point. Just seems overpriced, even at the $600 used price.

This review might help: http://youtu.be/1zQuW1pokzI

Thanks. I watched most of it. It can go on sand KQ! They lost me at take off the bag and the seat to fold it and then set it back on. No. I guess I'm kind of spoiled with the City Micro I got at Target. The only thing I don't like about that stroller is that it doesn't stand.

Any recommendations are welcome! I was just perusing CL and stumbled on a couple of those.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've pushed them and I know they say they can go on sand but in my experience any terrain more uneven than sidewalk seams didn't go well. I do like the push ok for a mall stroller and I like the multipurpose nature (makes a good high chair.)

What ARE you looking for in a stroller? That would influence my recommendations.

My current city/mall stroller is a Mamas & Papas Urbo2. I adore it. My all terrain is an Easywalker Qtro and I love that too. I have a Maclaren Starck for my umbrella... I use different strollers for different purposes and like them all for different things. I'm quite particular about push especially.

Dillipop

I got an uppababy vista from a consignment sale and I've really enjoyed it. Works well in the mall and out and about in nature. Has a bassinet, which lasted until ds was 4 mos but he was huge! I love being able to use the seat facing me and the storage basket is quite large. I would guess you could find a used one for less than that stokke. Only downside for me is how much space it takes up in the back of my van.

My other strollers are
baby jogger micro- which is great for small places. It's fantastic for on and off the train.

maclaren volo- LOVE this one now that ds is 7 mos. Fits in the back of our mazda5 and is super lightweight. Great for going to the pool.

phil and teds e3- the idea of this one is better than the execution. It's great for 2 kids but for one, it's a bit much. The air tires are great though for the beach.

So, like KQ, I have strollers for different things.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am not a "multiple strollers" person. I want a stroller that can work inside, outside, and (most importantly) easily fold and go into my car so we can be in and out of places. If I were buying strollers for the first time now, I would get a Baby Jogger City Versa (discontinued, but it was my perfect stroller when it came out...just couldn't make the $400 price point work so we got a City Mini...but now they are $210 on Amazon and I wish I had one!)

I have a City Mini and love it. The only thing I wish for is a reversible seat and better basket access, which the CityVersa has.

I also like the mountain buggy Nano for travel and car seat compatibility. I don't have one, but if I were buying one now I would consider it.

cookie123

I've pushed them and I know they say they can go on sand but in my experience any terrain more uneven than sidewalk seams didn't go well. I do like the push ok for a mall stroller and I like the multipurpose nature (makes a good high chair.)

What ARE you looking for in a stroller? That would influence my recommendations.

My current city/mall stroller is a Mamas & Papas Urbo2. I adore it. My all terrain is an Easywalker Qtro and I love that too. I have a Maclaren Starck for my umbrella... I use different strollers for different purposes and like them all for different things. I'm quite particular about push especially.

Well it's not for me. I'm quite happy with my Maclaren Quest which I honestly haven't used since I got the City micro. I would like to get DD2 something with a bassinet that isn't huge. They don't have much space to store things. I'm sure she will think it needs to accept her car seat, which I haven't decided on yet. I hope she's agreeable to my choice! And it would be nice if it could face the parent. I think it should be her one stroller with maybe an umbrella stroller later, so versatile. I didn't know BJ discontinued the Versa. I had my eye on that. I don't remember why. Ha ha.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I didn't know BJ discontinued the Versa. I had my eye on that. I don't remember why. Ha ha.

The City Versa has been replaced by a similar stroller which was debuted at the ABC Kids Expo -- the City Metro. The differences aren't significant enough that I would wait for the new one, though. I would just get the lower-priced versa.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you want a small fold this is definitely not the stroller for you, ha.

My Urbo2 does the things you say. There are many others that do as well. Valco makes some as well. Mountain Buggy's compact strollers for sure.

SavsMom

The City Versa has been replaced by a similar stroller which was debuted at the ABC Kids Expo -- the City Metro. The differences aren't significant enough that I would wait for the new one, though. I would just get the lower-priced versa. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Versa is amazing! By far one of my favorites. Great push, parent facing, tall seat, and a great slim fold. Albee Baby has them for $199ish, the silver was on sale for an additional $30 off making it $169 after Thanksgiving. For that price you can't go wrong.

cookie123

I finally got over to BRUS. No Mamas and Papas any more. And no more row of Snugrides either! They had some Evenflo convertible photo up that boasts roll over testing - none around though. A GB travel system was prominently displayed. Geez those things have the thinnest cover ever!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC