Is there a list of FAA approved seats?

CRS

Senior Community Member
Is there a list of FAA approved seats? If not, can you please tell me what there are? Only one I know that's FAA approved is the Cosco Scenera!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's MUCH easier to say which ones aren't. The Regent is not, the Safeguard Go is not. Combination seats with the harness are ok, combination seats without the harness and dedicated boosters are not. Otherwise they all are.

Wendy

sophiesmum

If you travel by air be sure you know where the FAA approved stickers are. Recently I had a gate agent (Delta/Comair) try to deny me the right to take the seat (a DC) onboard because he could only find ONE FAA approved sticker when he said there should be two. I had printed off all kinds of relevant information about using child restraints and rear facing... but I did not know where the second sticker was - or should be. Haven't flown since so I still don't know where it is. The gate agent acted like he was doing me a favor, letting me use my FAA approved seat (with just one sticker!) on a seat that I had paid for. I was pretty ticked. I would just check out in your manual and be able to identify any stickers on the seat.

On that note, should there be two different stickers on a Britax DC? I truly only have one and was really ticked when I was about to be denied the right to use it on a seat I had paid for. If there are two, where are they and should I ask for a second sticker?

Anyway WHY are flight/gate attendants so difficult when you are trying to do the right thing by your under 2 years old child and buy them a seat? :) Sorry that was rhetorical!

BabyKaykes

My ComfortSport has the FAA statement on two different stickers....One side in English and on the other side in Spanish...LOL!!!

That's crazy, why would you need to see it twice?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Ours have it just the once. "This restraint is certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft." We flew this week and no one asked to see the stickers, though there were some comments about the seat as I had it on my back. And the people in front of us about died with relief when I told them to use a belt extender on their Marathon and to recline the seat a bit to get a tight fit. :)

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC