Is the TB with Safety Surround discontinued?

Mommy0608

I've been searching for a green/black Graco Turbobooster with Safety Surround at the local Target stores with no luck. A clerk at one store said its being discontinued! Anyone know if this is true? I ended up with the grey/beige instead. I already have a purple one and I have to say, I really like this seat. If it is discontinued, I wonder if it will be reintroduced with LATCH. That would be just my luck.

ADS

SavsMom

I haven't seen them in my local Target in ages. I know that Many Targets recently clearanced some seats out - maybe they are just updating the covers.

Athena

I love the idea of this seat with latch, but only at a reasonable cost. If they raise the cost much, it won't compete with the MSRP $149 boosters that we can find for around $100 online. (On the other hand, this seat isn't compatible with my car's shoulder belts, so my opinion doesn't mean much.)

2BunniesMommy

They still have it online if that is an option for you. I will cry if they make it with LATCH. I sent them a message before ordering it asking if there was anything in the works to combine SS and LATCH and they said not at this time so I ordered it as is and a high back AMP. I would have waited for it if it were coming!!!

Mommy0608

I would have ordered online but ended up needing a booster yesterday, so I had to take what I could get in store. I do wish it had LATCH! Kind of bummed that it doesn't. Oh well. Still a nice seat. It fits both of my kids very well, so I can't complain. I didn't realize that the gray cover actually has mesh down the middle unlike the purple and green covers. I like the mesh so I guess that makes up for not being green. ;)

JCsMomma

Ours has the green on display but only the beige in stock. It's actually a nice looking cover, although a little light (makes me nervous about stains!). Maybe some just are switching the color they will stock?

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
A little off topic but I have the Green TB SS and LOVE It. Although I'm slightly OCD and don't like how it looks next to my Green Beckett Nauti. However, the new green Nauti SS looks to be the SAME green. I think I need to buy a new seat! LOL

PikkuMyy

My Target was out of stock earlier in the week but later in the week I saw one or two boxes on the shelf. They did not have clearance stickers.

I'm hoping they'll make the Affix with SS in green too! :)

Athena

Is the Affix any taller than the regular turbobooster?

From what I've read, they all have the same height with same belt guides. Is that still true? The regular turbo doesn't work in our (belt doesn't retract :( ), but if this one had different guides that did, I'd totally get it. It wouldn't last as long as I'd like, but I'm desperate for a better solution for my DD who is close to outgrowing her FR85 and the turbos fit her slender body great.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC