International travel w/ 3yr old ... Clueless?

onegirly

We are planning a cruise to the Med and are clueless on car seat safety and laws for our trip? We of course will be using our RXT to get to the airport but what then??? Do we take it on the plane? I have never been on a cruise so I really have no idea on what to expect. What about ports???

ADS

Stelvis

If you won't have to be I car's on your vacation, I'd just buy a CARES harness for the plane and leave the Radian at home.

onegirly

We are staying two days in the port city before we cruise, so getting to the hotel we will use either taxi or shuttle service. We then also need to decide to rent a car or use taxi service when we tour the city for those days. While cruising to other ports they may have shuttle service to activities or if we go on our own sites we may use taxi.

newyorkDOC

Well you definitely cannot use a car in Venice. And you don't need a car in Barcelona. Not even to get to the port. I live in Italy and use the vaporetto service in Venice (boat bus) (not like you have any other choice really) and use the metro in Barcelona. If you fly into girona there is a bus service (like greyhound) to the city. if you fly into the main airport it's connected by metro to the city. I've never flown into Venice but I'm positive there is public transport from Marco Polo to the city.

I'd leave the car seats at home. If you can borrow an RSTV "just in case" that'd be nice, but totally not necessary.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC