Insurance Reimbursement

Christie

Anyone who has had safety seats replaced and reimbursed after an accident.....

How long did it take for insurance to cut the check??

ADS

Christie

I'm not sure what company it is. It's for the guy who hit my BIL. I bought replacement seats back the end of May so that they'd be safe and just a couple of weeks ago, I guess, they finally submitted them. She said she hasn't heard yet.

Just getting curious.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Check came on the mail less than a week after they verified that they were liable for the claim and received my email with photos of the seats and cost to replace

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

crunchierthanthou

Allstate was on the spot (had to take seats into their local office so they could verify destruction).

Farmers was a couple days.

Both companies paid without proof of new purchase.

veggiegirl228

It can depend on the insurance company but with ours it was quickly. They sent xx amount but once the seat was replaced I sent them a copy of the receipt they sent the difference. In the past they asked what seat and sent me a check for the amount from an online site.

macmomma

I bought the new seats and went straight from the store to our agent and he cut me a check on the spot. That was State Farm

Dealing with Farmers, I gave them info/links on how much it would be to purchase the same seats and we had a check within a week or two. It worked out well because we could then put that money toward 2 convertibles instead of a convertible and bucket (which would have been soon outgrown).

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Progressive paid appx one week after crash, as soon as I took the price list/printouts of seats in the vehicle to their office. They wrote the check for that amount, no new purchases necessary.

CuddlyMonsters

USAA cut me a check and it arrived about a week after the accident. I had to take pictures of all our seats and submit the receipts. They actually even gave me the difference between the Radian XTSL and RXT price. It was about $100 per seat, so they reimbursed me after I had them on order and I got a statement from Diono that they no longer make the XTSL and ot has been replaced with the RXT so to speak.

PikkuMyy

I've been through it twice with Geico.

Accident #1 (I rear-ended someone, my son was with me): I took the crashed seat (FR85) to the insurance adjuster, handed him a receipt from the replacement seat and he cut a check on the spot.

Accident #2 (someone hit my parked car and my son's seat was installed next to the dented door): Same insurance adjuster but I asked if I could keep the seat (Frontier 85; I donated it to a lead instructor). I hadn't replaced the seat yet (I had a spare) so I didn't have a receipt to submit. IA was out of town for a while so I submitted a copy of the receipt to Geico electronically. I think after about 2 months and 4 phone calls, I finally got a check. Lesson learned. Take the receipt straight to the insurance adjuster.

We're on FR85 #3 :whistling: I was kind of glad to get the red meshy cover FR85 replaced. Then I had to replace the Onyx one and I was going to keep the cover but decided that I couldn't donate the seat for educational purposes without a cover. lol Now we have Maui blue.

Pixels

Two crashes, neither was our fault. Rear-ended both times.

#1, our insurance wrote us a check quickly. I think I sent them a link to Amazon showing the price.

#2, the other guy's insurance wrote us a check, eventually. It took quite a while and a lot of back and forth. First they didn't want to pay at all, and we had to submit the owner's manuals showing they required replacement. Then they told us to buy new seats, so we did, and then they prorated the replacement based on the age of the crashed seats and the purchase price of the replacements. :confused: Whatever, it worked out close enough.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC