input please - '98 Mercury Villager

skaterbabs

We have the opportunity to get this for a VERY good price, but I was just wondering if anyone here has/had one. I explored the interior a bit and was pleased with what I found, but I haven't have a chance to go over it thoroughly yet.

ADS

HEVY

I used to want one of these. The only thing I ever heard about it was it was good on repairs and was able to haul extra weight without any problems. I don't know much about the interior.

BW1426

My parents LOVE theirs. Ours is also a '98 and we've had it for 8 years or so. It has a really wide third row and gets great gas mileage. It was a joint venture between Nissan and Mercury so you get the perks of a foreign car with the repair price of a domestic car. If it's for the right price and in good shape, I would definately buy it.

skaterbabs

The price is right - $2200, and the interior seems to be in very good condition for a car of that age. There are two built-in child seats in the second row, but I'd want to replace the harnesses before I even thought about using them. The only think I noticed is that the passenger front door wouldn't open from the outside, but realistically that's not a major issue for us. The driver side rear door of Cam's car won't open from the outside so we're used to that. lol

Do you think two smallish 11/12 yos could fit in the third row with a Regent in the center? I have my neices and nephew a lot and being able to actually carry everyone would be helpful.

BW1426

I'm not sure about the Regent, I don't have a lot of experience with them and because of that have trouble gaging the size. But, I did install FF Radians outboard and there was 17" worth of space between them.

skaterbabs

Good to know! It looks wide enough to put non-boostered kids on either side of a Regent, but you never know.

In any case, if need be we can pick up an 86Y and use it with the PW there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC