Infinity JX?

V

VanIsleMommy

Any opinions on the Infinity JX? I have to admit I was pretty impressed by the ad that showed the seat can be moved with a child seat installed (although it was forward facing...). Third row seating, looks like anchors in 4 out of 5 rear seats, which is more than I can say for some other 7 seaters.

Not looking to replace my equinox any time soon but I'm keeping my eye out...

ADS

canadiangie

Is this the brand new one? I was listening to Driving with Zach Spencer last Sunday (as I always do, being the geek that I am :p) and he was talking about it. I guess I should go google. I haven't seen it yet..

V

VanIsleMommy

I'm guessing it's brand new? the nerd in me wants to haul some car seats to the dealership and try one out. LOL

jeno

Senior Community Member
Just saw the commercial this weekend. We had been investigating the QX and was surprised to even see that this existed.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It looks nice, and I think it may hit the XC90 market more than anything else. It doesn't really compare to the Lexus GX as far as bodystyle goes.. It may be good competition for the MDX, as well. Price-wise, it's $52k USD loaded. My Ody was $49k when I got it, when it first came out in Canada--and I think about $42-$44k US. But I don't think it's going to compete--there's always going to be a difference in space, with the sliding doors, etc., between the 7-9 passenger SUVs and minivans.

Admittedly, if Infiniti wants someone to test this out for the minivan mom market, I'd probably be an excellent choice. They're clearly marketing families, based on the commercial I just saw on tv and the photos of the carseat on the "flipped" seat to allow for rear-row access.

Unfortunately, Honda, Nissan, and Toyota's media vehicles run from east to west--usually starting in Ontario. So even by the time media here in BC has their hands on this car, it'll probably have hit the general market.

-N.

QuassEE

I'm going to email Nissan Canada about this to see if they're going to have a media car on the west coast anytime soon. Why not, right?!

-N.

tl01

I'm going to email Nissan Canada about this to see if they're going to have a media car on the west coast anytime soon. Why not, right?!

-N.

Let me know what they say. I think it is in stock at dealers though. Our local dealer has one and 9 en route . Been thinking of replacing my ody with one.

QuassEE

I didn't think it was available here... Nothing in email yet, but I got an out of office reply. My ex's dad is a local columnist and he gets cars often enough so I'll see if he has a better Nissan contact.

It's funny--my brain was totally in tune with Toyota last night and so I kept thinking Lexus/Toyota... I just sold my son's Xterra and need to sell my Landcruiser, so obviously Nissan was purged from my mind :)

-N.

canadiangie

Easy access to 3rd row as long as 2nd row outboard seat is installed with latch/UAS and is FF, I'm guessing. :)

What matters more to me is tether anchors in the 3rd. I bump FF harnessed kids to the 3rd when I have lots of children with me.

There's a thread on odyclub.com Apparently, people have seen it at local dealers.

I know I was able to see the Sienna before it was "officially" released to dealers. Bigger dealers get a shipment before the release date and they keep it in their storage area and have staff train on it, etc.

From the posts tho, it sounds like the JX available for purchase now tho.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I didn't think it was available here... Nothing in email yet, but I got an out of office reply. My ex's dad is a local columnist and he gets cars often enough so I'll see if he has a better Nissan contact.

It's funny--my brain was totally in tune with Toyota last night and so I kept thinking Lexus/Toyota... I just sold my son's Xterra and need to sell my Landcruiser, so obviously Nissan was purged from my mind :)

-N.

Also working on one for review. Sounds like one might be available within a month or two as they are just now entering the press fleets.

mayasmommy

Easy access to 3rd row as long as 2nd row outboard seat is installed with latch/UAS and is FF, I'm guessing. :)

What matters more to me is tether anchors in the 3rd. I bump FF harnessed kids to the 3rd when I have lots of children with me.

I saw one today. Beautiful car I think. Am strongly considering it.

The third row has no LATCH so it would need to be a seatbelt install. It has a tether on one side only. So you can bump one forward faced back there. You also can't install a rear facing seat back there.

If you google infiniti snug kids they have a list of seats that they have tested and had found to be compatible with their cars.

T4K

mayasmommy said:
I saw one today. Beautiful car I think. Am strongly considering it.

The third row has no LATCH so it would need to be a seatbelt install. It has a tether on one side only. So you can bump one forward faced back there. You also can't install a rear facing seat back there.

If you google infiniti snug kids they have a list of seats that they have tested and had found to be compatible with their cars.

Does the manual state no rearfacing seats or was that a judgement based on space?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Looks like we won't have one for review until July, so I anticipate it will be 3-4 months for it to be posted at CarseatBlog.

mayasmommy

Does the manual state no rearfacing seats or was that a judgement based on space?

Infiniti generally doesn't recommend rear facing car seats in their third rows. They have a site called snug kids where they have tested car seats with their cars and indicate if they are good fits. On the snug kids site it indicates that rear facing seats should be in the second row only (its even capitalized)- it is the same with the qx.

https://owners.infinitiusa.com/iowners/content/snug-kids/pdf/Infiniti JX English.pdf

The manual does not specifically say that the rear facing seat should not be installed in the third row seat, but it only has instructions for RF seats in the second row, FF seat in the second row, (all positions) and FF a seat in the third row on the passenger side (not the drivers side bec there is no tether there).

https://owners.infinitiusa.com/iowners/content/manualsandguides/JX/2013/2013-jx35-owner-manual.pdf

krobbin2

Just want to share that I just purchased a JX today and have installed my TF Premier in the center of the 2nd row. I honestly have not investigated the third row car seat options, but they did say that LATCH is only present in the second row.

The TF fits behind the front seats pretty well, but comes too close for comfort to the entertainment screens on the back of the headrest. I also own a RN XTSL which might replace the TF in this vehicle. FYI - I am 5'6 and my husband is 6'1. I will try to get a better install behind the drivers side once I have my second child and no choice :)

The car is pretty spacious and a pretty good alternative to a mini van. The advertisement regarding the second row folding with a car seat installed only applies to a booster seat sitting behind the passenger.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the vehicle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC