Infant Seat in a Toyota Tundra Access Cab

SillyLily

I have a friend who is due in June with her first baby. I am going to buy her an infant seat for her shower. She has a Toyota Tundra Access Cab. I have ridden with her before and a Scenera fits in there RF, but not at the 45 degree angle. My Boulevard fit in there FF just fine. I don't know the year of the pickup, but it is newer and I believe it has LATCH.

I have dredged google for weeks now, and am not having much luck finding out what infant seats people have had success with. I am going to visit her this weekend and we will make a trip to babiesrus to try out some seats. The only seat I know for sure will fit in there RF is the Graco Snugride. I went and looked at the snugride at babiesrus, and it just seemed so flimsy. I mean, it's a great seat that meets all safety requirements, etc... and is a great price. But I would love to buy her something a little nicer if I can. The quality of the keyfit, peg perego, maxi-cosi, etc... is just so much nicer and more solid than the snugride. And also, this is an unexpected (although very welcome) little one, and she knows nothing about car seats. I want to get her something that is incredibly easy to deal with/install/use properly. And something that might get her excited about the car seats that might be more expensive, but are also a better "deal" (HWH).

Does anyone know any other seats that might/should work? There are a few infant seats that they don't have at babiesrus, so I won't be able to try them out in the truck, so I would be especially interested in any of those "non-babiesrus" seats! ;) If I can't find anything else, I will buy the snugride with the front adjust harness.

Thank you!

ADS

crunchierthanthou

IMO, a 5 pt snugride with EPS and front adjust is a fine seat. You don't need to worry if that's the one that fits in her vehicle.

As your trying out seats, I would try to focus on ones that allow the handle to be left up in the vehicle. This will minimize the space it takes up front to back. IIRC, Graco, Compass and Chicco allow it to be up. Peg Perego, Evenflo, and Safety 1st must be down.

SillyLily

Does anyone know if the maxi cosi can have the handle up? I read the manual for it online, and couldn't find it anywhere in there that it needed to be down.

Thanks for the suggestion of the Compass. I've heard a lot of people like that seat and that is a really nice quality.

What are some other seats that can have the handle up?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC