Question Infant seat- if they were all the same price...

hope41more

Which I don't, but lets pretend, eh?

We are expecting #2. I am aware there is no "safest" seat, but there ARE new technologies that make a person wonder why something so cool or "safe" isn't offered on ALL seats, like the harness in a radian, the crumple in a foonf, etc. With that said, if you could buy ANY infant seat on the market and they were all the same price, which one would YOU get, and why?

If it helps, I'm leaning toward the prezi, although I have to admit I think i am a victim of propaganda here. I own a 3 year old GSR 35. It seems like there must be newer technology in three years? Or do I just have the carseat bug?

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I work at a hospital and see tons of noobs in their seats. My favorites are the Chicco Keyfit 30 and any of the Graco front adjusts (Snugride 30, 32, 35).

I will say that the Britax B-Ready chest clip drives me crazy. It's so wide that sometimes the straps fall off of the baby's shoulders. :twocents:

Brianna

I bought my friend a SR35 for her first. I loved how her son fit in it and I really love the base. My friend and I were both happy she could install it easily in the center with the seat belt with no tipping. Unless you don't like yours or just love buying new seats I would use the one you have.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

jkrkmama

We were very happy with our SR35. He passed the NICU car seat challenge with flying colors in that seat.

Spam

I love both the sr35 and kf30. I have both because I can never decide which one I love more. However... I'm also eyeing the prezi and aton for upcoming babe. I dislike the canopy on the prezi and don't love the aton's either. The only thing really holding me back from the prezi so much is that I tend to dislike dorel seats :eek: they end up with cheap (imo) feeling chestclips and buckles, and overall just okay to me. I LOVE the pretty candy colors aton and I'm so glad they changed the handle and canopy cover to black that I will have one of those most likely if baby is a girl.

Rosey

I love te Snugride 30. Not too heavy to lug around and lots of compatible baby holders like the swing frame and sweet peace.

bnsnyde

I like the Chaperone for the foam right by the baby's head.
I am interested in the Prezi, too, and what it's all about. I don't find too much price differences among infant seats, generally speaking, for most of them.

For convertibles, we have a $35 Scenera and a $600 Orbit Toddler (required base). That's a crazy difference!

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I just can't imagine buying a $280 infant seat that will be outgrown fast. Not to mention $80 for an additional base. And I've only had negative experiences with Dorel customer service.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC