Incognito Price Increase?

ADS

momtoo3

UGH! I had 2 gray in my cart, drove to the bank to deposit money and they are gone now. I hope the prices go back down. I can't afford $40 each. I NEED one for dh's truck before the baby is born. In a booster in the 3rd row, ds2's head is over the headrest, without a booster the lap belt is over his belly button. His seats are black but I was going to get the gray because of the price. My seats are gray so it was perfect. He is fine in a nbb in my van though, it is just harder 3 across so I was hoping the incognito was the answer.

momtoo3

If it helps anyone, homedepot.com has the grey and dark grey for $19.99 with free ship to store or free shipping over $45. The tan is out of stock, no black is listed on their site.

I called safety 1st to inquire about the price increase. The lady couldn't find an answer but sent an email over to a production person and is supposed to email me with the answer. She then googled the model number and came up with home depot as a retailer. Most other retailers had it for $39 or higher.

So I ordered 2 dark grey. I will be watching for a black one at that price but at least I have 2 coming. Our local store is only 1.5 miles away so no biggie to stop in and pick up.

Holly

If it helps anyone, homedepot.com has the grey and dark grey for $19.99 with free ship to store or free shipping over $45. The tan is out of stock, no black is listed on their site.

I called safety 1st to inquire about the price increase. The lady couldn't find an answer but sent an email over to a production person and is supposed to email me with the answer. She then googled the model number and came up with home depot as a retailer. Most other retailers had it for $39 or higher.

So I ordered 2 dark grey. I will be watching for a black one at that price but at least I have 2 coming. Our local store is only 1.5 miles away so no biggie to stop in and pick up.

I wonder if I should order right now in case the price is going to stay up.
I don't need one yet, my dd's are not quite 60 lbs. I want one so that if there is a time in the future when I need 3 of my kids in the back row, I can fit one of them in the Incognito in the center spot, I can't fit 3 boosters back there. When do the Incognitos expire? 6 years? That should be fine, my oldest will be 15 in 6 years (That sounds so crazy to me!!!) and I'm sure will fit in just the seat belt then and we won't need 3 boosters in the back.
I don't mind picking it up from Home Depot either, there are stores near me that I drive by all the time.

momtoo3

I wonder if I should order right now in case the price is going to stay up.
I don't need one yet, my dd's are not quite 60 lbs. I want one so that if there is a time in the future when I need 3 of my kids in the back row, I can fit one of them in the Incognito in the center spot, I can't fit 3 boosters back there. When do the Incognitos expire? 6 years? That should be fine, my oldest will be 15 in 6 years (That sounds so crazy to me!!!) and I'm sure will fit in just the seat belt then and we won't need 3 boosters in the back.
I don't mind picking it up from Home Depot either, there are stores near me that I drive by all the time.

This is why I ordered 2 today. I really would've preferred black for the truck but I was worried the price would go up. I don't need either until the baby is born in August so I figured I would get them now, keep watching for a good price on the black and have 90 days to return one of the grey ones.

Baylor

Yeah, Not ordering one. I think this seat had a good premise but in reality for my purposes it is just not necessary.

Suzibeck

I would love a black one for dh's car but no way will I pay $40 for one! We will stick with the Harmony that is in there now.

thepote

I just ordered one.

This morning DH asked me if ds2 "really still needs a booster" in his car (10yo, 70lbs, size 8 pants and shirts). He is nowhere near 5-stepping in that car because of the long webbing on the buckle stalks. DH said he's been getting out on the other side of the car at drop off so no one will see his booster. Hopefully this helps!

monzogary

Senior Community Member
I was waiting to order one when I knew if I was getting any income tax $ back, and I noticed the ridiculous price too! I just ordered on from Home Depot with local store pickup instead. Sorry Amazon, but the price is just too high!

JOII

I have been considering ordering one and kinda want to if the price is gonna increase but my son just turned 9 and is 49lbs :rolleyes: so I am thinking there isn't a point because its gonna be quite a while before he could use it.

Baylor

Why would they double the price? I am trying to figure this out. Today I tried my son in the back of my van with no booster. The boosters are too high to use back there... And I know he needs one back there. I would have bought one for 20.00 for that spot.. Not 40.00...

Ill just keep him in the middle bench and move the other child to the back.

Holly

Why would they double the price? I am trying to figure this out. Today I tried my son in the back of my van with no booster. The boosters are too high to use back there... And I know he needs one back there. I would have bought one for 20.00 for that spot.. Not 40.00...

Ill just keep him in the middle bench and move the other child to the back.

You can get one for $20 from Homedepot.com and have it sent to the store to pick up for free. I ordered one and I'll be getting it soon.

Mommyto3Gs

The Dark Gray is back on Amazon for $19.99. Only the Dark Gray for now but at least it is there for the right price.

Safety 1st Incognito Kid Positioning Seat, Dark Gray by Safety 1st [ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLXBHE4/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_M7Hctb1HTK0DE"]Amazon.com: Safety 1st Incognito Kid Positioning Seat, Dark Gray: Baby[/ame]

urwnl

Just an FYI, Amazon is now back to the $19.99 price on all of the colors and they are listed as in stock. I already have the grey one from my 10.5 year old in one car and just ordered the tan one for her in our new car. She's very excited about being in a seat that's not as noticeable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC