If you had to replace all your seats right now...

Holly

If you were in a wreck or if something happened where you had to replace all your seats right now, what would you get?
What are your current seats?

I have two Graco Turbo Elite boosters, a SKJP Radian 80SL, and a literider.

If I had to replace them, I think I'd go for two of the new Turbos with safety surround (I would get proboosters if they were cheaper and not tippy), another Literider, or maybe a Harmony Cruz instead, and either a Nautilus or a radian R120 in red.

ADS

amyd

I have an XTSL and an RXT in my car. I'd get one RXT and one Frontier since DS1 doesn't have long left in the Radian. If I had to replace the seats in DH's car (Nautilus and My Ride), I'd probably get a Frontier and a Marathon. Or maybe I'd get a Foonf in place of the RXT.

Brianna

Well my car is currently nekkid, so I wouldn't have to replace in the event of a crash :p

Normally I have an EFT65 in it, and if I had to replace that I would probably go with a Frontier. J rides FF most of the time anyways, and I don't really like the Argos buckles. Or maybe, I would go with a Foonf to keep him RF with me a long time :)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I just pulled 2 regents out of my car. DS is gong into town, and stats say that if there would be a crash, it would be his fault. If all my seats had to be replaces, I might take the money and go on vacation. :D I have:

Radian 65
Radian XTSL
Radian RXT
Frontier 85
Regent
Clek Oto
Turbo Booster (no back)
Recaro Start
Recaro ProSport
Marathon (Black, tan swirl and dot, platnum, Fido and Dragonfly cover!)
Graco MyRide 65
Evenflo Triumph Advance
Evenflo Triumph 65
True Fit Premier
Harmony booster X 4
RSTV X 2
Safety 1st Avenue

java

we have a kf30 and a radian xtsl right now. I think we would get a new car if we wrecked (we are car shopping anyawy) and the car would be bigger (we have a small elantra) so I don't know what I would replace with...either the myride, radians, or the new size4me70. I would get 2 of the same seat though...one girly one more boyish :)

kater-tot82

We have a Myride, TFP, and RA50 for DD2. I would probably get a plum RXT to replace the TFP because DH hates the continuous harness. I think I would get another Britax for his car because he actually likes the buckles and harnesses on them and doesn't complain. I would keep my MyRide, unless I really liked the Size4Me better.

DD1 rides in a literider and Cruz and I would just replace them.

T4K

I would get a BV70 and a Radian XT but would debate getting dedicated boosters for the almost 5 year old instead of her current Maestro and ProSport.

robbertbobbert

If I had to replace the seats that are currently in my car, or all the seats I own?

I'm going to answer this assuming money is not an object.... because it's more fun that way.

In my car I currently have a GN, a KF30, a literider, and a highback turbo. None of them have been used in weeks so I should probably empty the car out... come to think of it.

I would probably replace with a Frontier, another KF30, an Oobr and an Olli. Honestly, I think the fun prints on the Clek seats would make it easier to coax kids who aren't booster riders with their parents into a seat. Also I like them.

Shaunam

The new graco for Charlie and I don't know about Adrian. A taller high-back booster probably? Maybe a monterey.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I used to play this game in my head on the way back and forth to work (out of commuting boredom.) Then I crashed the car and got to do it for real... I don't play it much anymore :p (Had more to do with getting the seats I wanted, vs. what I had bought before I had known better, lol.) So I have to think about it...

Let's see, just with what's in my car at the moment, I have an XTSL, a MyRide, a SK Monterey, a RA50 and a ProSport. Oh, there's an extra Turbo in there and a Literider, too.

I would probably end up with another XTSL and MyRide, simply because they're what fits back there, and I need the height of the XTSL, and another Monterey as well, although I would really really hope I could find one with the old belt guides. I might consider something else that fits in that spot and gives good sleeping support, but I don't know what would would.

I'd really like a Graco Size4Me, probably in place of the ProSport, pending seeing it. And then I don't know what in place of the RA50, I could do the S4M there instead if it fit front-to-back. Maybe another MyRide. I :love: my Graco seats. I think it would largely depend on whether the 4yo I have this summer wants to RF or FF; if he wants to FF I'd get a combo, maybe a Maestro?

I probably wouldn't replace the Turbo, and I have a couple of backlesses hanging around that I'd throw in for the backup use the LiteRider serves.

Yeah, I'm pretty boring! Not many changes, aside from the S4M, which I am seriously consideing getting (without having to crash! lol) if the 4yo wants to RF.

ETA: Wait, all of my seats, including those in storage? I don't think I'd replace them all, I'll steal Judi's answer and add it to the trip fund. I also have a F80, Maestro, Scenera, three Literiders and a Cosco highrise. Oh and another Turbo. I think that's it, other than expired demo seats. I can't seem to keep track :eek:

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have an RXT and Nautilus.

I'd probably get another RXT in Plum and another Nautilus OR a FR85. I'm pretty happy with my car seat setup at the moment. I do want a FR85 in the future though.

featherhead

If I had the same vehicle ('98 Ody) then I would for sure get one FrontierXT. If the Foonf was out at the time, I would get a Foonf, and a Peg convertible. If the Foonf wasn't out then I would get a second FrontierXT instead, and maybe a Britax convertible.

babyherder

Right now I have a myride, a maestro, and a tribute installed 3 across. I have a backless tb and in a vivo. Assuming money was no object, if I had to replace all of them I'd probably get 2 or 3 monkey foonfs (not sure if I'd get all the same monkey pattern or different ones), and a monkey oobr and olli to match. If reality has to play a part I'd probably get red or purple radians and maybe another vivo so I have thin seats. If money comes into it I'd probably replace the 3 in my car with the same seats (maybe different covers for fun) and possibly get a new myride that has the new sip stuff. Then I'd get a backless tb in Liala or Aspen or a cruz in red and black or an evenflo amp in red to have as backups.

luckyclov

I don't have much of an option for my 2 big kids because they're at the end of their seat days, so theirs would stay the same since they've outgrown everything else: FR85 and PWSG/L.

DS2...hmmm...well, he'd stay the same, too: RXT.

Those are not ALL of my seats...just the ones in my vehicle, that are used daily.

How boring.

ETA: Nope, I thought of one - DD's FR85 would be replaced with a KWP (for booster use only).

skylinphoto

Right now I have a cybex xfix and a kiddy world plus in my car.
I have a myride, a radianxt, and a coccoro in the house.

I think id keep my cybex booster and the kwp. I love them both.
Id replace the myride with a cybex pallas..and replace the radianxt with a recaro prosport...and the coccoro with a cybex aton (and a baby to go with it). If I can't get the baby to go with it...I guess id have to settle for kiddy cruiserfix pro.

Boot

I currently have a 2007 Radian and a 2010 Nautilus. I would probably get the same again but enjoy the newer Radian. My current one only rear faces to 30lb.

I might consider a Frontier if money was no object but I'm happy with the Nautilus.

arly1983

Different car? 2 Frontiers and a PWSG

Same car? I'd be in a mess. I would be able to get a RA50 from target but I would have to find a used sk radian 65 but maybe a R100 would work with a RA50 rather than a ma65 in the middle and then a skinny highback so probably another turbo. I might would splurge for an oobr but I am not sure how I would feel about it unlatched.

ETA: I have a maestro, 4 literiders, and a backless turbo in the house. I would probably just replace with 2 literiders and another maestro as spares. I don't really need the other 3 backless ones.

Probably almost the same as I have now, although I would probably get a radian in place of the myride that my foster son rides in.
I would waffle back/forth about getting dd a combo seat instead of a convertible since she will be 4 in Sept. If I stuck with convertible, she'd get another radian. If I went with a combo seat, who knows. Probably a frontier even though that is total overkill for a kid her size. Haha.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC