Question If you could start all over again, which seats would you purchase?

RubysGirl

I think I'd get some incarnation of a radian, and take whatever bucket makes it my way. (Of course I know loads of people, friends, and family with babies, all the time. All three of mine had perfect, used buckets, from trusted sources.)

That said, if I were hellbent on a bucket, I'd get a babytrend. I'm not sure why, but I just love those.

If I were seriously short on funds, I'd get an Avenue. I have an uptown and it's really an awesome seat. I really wish cosco sold them the same way they sell Sceneras.

ADS

TXmom2

I babywear and still love the convenience of having the bucket for quick trips (especially running in to pay for gas, or pick up takeout) Since I was (am) a bit older and had my yungest two fairly close, I will say having a bucket & a toddler is so much easier! Get baby all strapped in & settled in the house, then take both to the car. Snap baby & bucket into the base (while still holding onto toddlers hand), then get toddler buckled in ;) Also, if you're anything like me, you never have to pee til you get home! So much easier to run inside with a bucket & unbuckle baby while you pee :D haha
We used the Keyfit22 for both girls. Z til about 7 months (It was February, so past winter & I just wanted a new seat) and MJ til 14 months (she finally hit 20lbs). My girls were both tiny though, so the higher weight Chicco Keyfit might be a better bet, especially if you want to pass it down and keep it for a spare/backup seat. Definitely would want the front adjust harness. The Chicco buckets are so user friendly and very easy to install correctly & quickly.

I moved Z to the Complete Air (she has a Evenflo Tiumph Advance for backup which is currently in my signature pic) and moved MJ to the Cocorro. The CCO is a very cute, compact convertible seat & I love it. I wish I'd have gotten it for Z.

So my recommendation (with the plan for her having two close together (within a 2 yr span) would be Keyfit bucket, CCO, then see what's on the market by then :cool: The KF can pass down, then the CCO can pass down. That would get the oldest to at least 2 RF before looking at what's new.

t.tewks09

I was always too afraid to purchase the Radian, fearing that it wouldn't install or fit in my car. My friend purchased one and let me try it in my car, and I LOVE it! For my first son, I bought a $150 bucket seat, a $130ish convertible seat, then a $200 combination seat, to total nearly $500, when I could have simply purchased one, $250 dollar seat and be done. We are purchasing one or two for my 4 month old. :D

I'm keeping our infant/bucket seat, but if we ever have any other children, we'll only be buying Radians. :D And if we go to buy new vehicles, you bet I'll make sure the Radians install correctly and easily before I even think of purchasing it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC