If you could pick any booster.....

NannyMom

Child is skinny/narrow shouldered. Car is a 1999 station wagon so no side air bags, no headrests, and must be outboard because of center lap belt. What booster would you pick to make driver feel like child is most protected?

ADS

noahsmom24

If price were a problem, then I would go with the Big Kid DLX....good price and It fits almost any vehicle wonderfully. I am actually thinking of selling ds's PWSG to get the Big Kid DLX, Since the PWSG fits to wonky for me in S/O's truck :( We can't remove the head rests and this it he BIG problem mainly.

NannyMom

Price is no object? I'd look at Clek Oobr.

Really? Such a heavy seat and it can't be LATCHed? THat scares me a little.

Price is no object. After I posted this last night, I thought of the FR85 SICT. It's the tallest hbb, right? She'll need a HBB for a long time because of no headrests. And it has the airbags to make grandma feel better about her being outboard.

Also, would you harness a child longer than in other vehicles if it meant she could stay center?

christineka

Price is no object. After I posted this last night, I thought of the FR85 SICT. It's the tallest hbb, right? She'll need a HBB for a long time because of no headrests. And it has the airbags to make grandma feel better about her being outboard.

Also, would you harness a child longer than in other vehicles if it meant she could stay center?

For a skinny, short child, I would not use the frontier as a booster. If it would be used harnessed until outgrown, then I'd go with it.

If you are looking for belt-positioning boosters, I like the vivo and the cybex x-fit for a shorter, skinny kid.

skylinphoto

I have short skinny/narrow kids and id say a vivo or a cybex. Vivo if you really need it to hug the kid.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

VoodooChile

NannyMom said:

The Oobr has rigid LATCH.
ETA: NM, saw model year of the vehicle!

Syllieann

Yes, that sounds like the ideal solution, especially in that vehicle. If parents are concerned about sip, harness her center to the limits of the seat. By the time she outgrow the harness, maybe she will fit well in fr85 sict in booster mode and can use it outboard.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC