Question I need your input

Sunshine112

I think i want to get a cheaper seat for my DD to have in my Ex's vehicle. She is only with him every other weekend (although they do usually drive quite a bit on the weekends he has her) and I think I'd rather have her 2 Nauti's in my moms SUV (one is there now) and my dads truck where she rides much more frequently than ExH's truck.

DD is 3.1yo, 32lbs, and 36.6". Would a Maestro be a suitable option for her in there? They have a 2007 Mazda CX-7 and an 01? Dodge Ram. It will be in the Mazda 95% of the time, but they do drive the truck sometimes. ExH knows how crazy about car seat safety I am and he is very good with installs and buckling DD in properly every time.

Please give me your thoughts on if the Maestro is a good choice or if you'd choose something different. Thanks!

ADS

xxluckychicxx

A Maestro is a great option :thumbsup: We've used one as a main seat for a while and really liked it.

I am getting ready to buy one for DD for my mom's car to replace the Cosco HBB she's about to outgrow (yes, at almost 5 she still fits :eek:)

Sunshine112

A Maestro is a great option :thumbsup: We've used one as a main seat for a while and really liked it.

I am getting ready to buy one for DD for my mom's car to replace the Cosco HBB she's about to outgrow (yes, at almost 5 she still fits :eek:)

Thanks so much!! I was hoping it would be something she'd fit in for a while so that definitely gives me hope! Is it a pretty easy install?

xxluckychicxx

Thanks so much!! I was hoping it would be something she'd fit in for a while so that definitely gives me hope! Is it a pretty easy install?

DS outgrew by weight, and he's TALL. So it should last a long time :thumbsup: It's very easy to install. Never had any issues using LATCH or seatbelt.

Sunshine112

One more question:

What about the new Harmony harnessed seat? I can't seem to find the price of it online but it looks like it might be a decent choice? I'm really set on the Maestro now I think, but just wondered!

mominabigtruck

I have both and I'd pick the maestro, hands down. The maestro is a much better travel seat, lightweight, easy to install, easier to wash. If I'm going to be in the $100 range I think I'd go with the securekid.

Just my. 02

xxluckychicxx

The Defender is $99.xx at Walmart. I checked it out the other day and was really impressed, but had both kids plus a 5 month old so I didn't play with it a whole lot. It did seem very nice though.

The gray with pink trim Maestro is $59.xx on Amazon :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC