I met the Foonf! (and Crunchy!) Lots of pics!

crunchierthanthou

I like the pink and green ones. It just feels like I would be stuck with it forever. Like if something better or prettier came out, KWIM?

I think people IRL though tend to not like buying new seats every year, lol. I tend to get board easily and enjoy switching, changing colors, ect...

Although...I have been selling off my stash of seats. I'm trying to keep/buy only 3 across friendly. I've been considering a new RN for my 26 mo old. The FOONF would be a better 3 across seat for a bigger kid, instead of the FR85's.

So, I guess I'm still unsure, lol.

Kelley

I'm sure you'll be able to find someone else who wants a new color to trade with you. I'm guessing the $100+ price is partly due to the fact that you have to replace the headrest- that part of the cover doesn't come off.

I'm still really worried about the head rest causing serious head slump...not that I plan on buying one, cause I'm not. I'm just saying it's something I don't think I'd get after my experience with the SK400 which has a similar head rest design.

they're moving the headrest back to be more flush with the seat.

ADS

Kel

True about the covers, I'm sure they'd be easy to trade here.

It's seat looks inches wider in the front?

Kel

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
- ARB is required up to 12 months and always in Canada.
- RF tethering instead of using the ARB is a possible option.

I asked Chris about this when I met Foonf and he didn't have an answer at the time. It seems there is an answer now. Canadians will only be able to use the fully reclined position when RF, since the upright position cannot use the ARB. :( It's unfortunate that there is no way for the RF tether to be officially tested as then they could tell us to use the upright position with tether to meet our rebound standard, but they can't. So if we want to follow the rules, we'll miss out on the upright RF position. Grrrr.

That and paying for the FF honeycomb technology which I never really have plans to use, and the fact that they say the seat does better FF than RF and was designed to be the best RF seat first and foremost, then RF was 2nd, and that it prevents the use of the DVD player in the seating position it needs to be in my vehicle, I'm losing the Foonf love.

Lenae

I never thought I'd have a "reason" to buy one, but now that we're back, I'm lusting majorly. I wish Clek would visit eastern Oregon and need little blonde models to try out because I SO want to play with one. I'll never be able to afford one, but I'd really love to play.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
EmmaCPST said:
The last week of August - but Vera said all the pre-orders have sold out, so I'm not sure when they'll really be in stock, probably sometime this fall. She said they expect to be able to fill technician discounts around October so I'd guess the same for the general marketplace.

Does this mean stores won't have it in stock in August? I need a second seat so bad but have been holding off (hard to do!) for the Foonf with plans to buy it upon release at a local store. Hopefully stores will still get stock in August?!?

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

crunchierthanthou

Does this mean stores won't have it in stock in August? I need a second seat so bad but have been holding off (hard to do!) for the Foonf with plans to buy it upon release at a local store. Hopefully stores will still get stock in August?!?

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

I think she meant they won't have any in their warehouse- not necessarily that every store has already sold each one it ordered. I'd call your local store and place a pre-order. Vera was talking about our local store that will carry them. She said they ordered 4, two of which are already spoken for.

Yep, it is supposed to be. I will be bringing my camera.

I'm fairly certain it will. Vera is supposed to be picking up one from the first (small) batch at the end of the month. She said today was the last scheduled showing of the prototype. :D

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
TechnoGranola said:
I asked Chris about this when I met Foonf and he didn't have an answer at the time. It seems there is an answer now. Canadians will only be able to use the fully reclined position when RF, since the upright position cannot use the ARB. :( It's unfortunate that there is no way for the RF tether to be officially tested as then they could tell us to use the upright position with tether to meet our rebound standard, but they can't. So if we want to follow the rules, we'll miss out on the upright RF position. Grrrr.

That and paying for the FF honeycomb technology which I never really have plans to use, and the fact that they say the seat does better FF than RF and was designed to be the best RF seat first and foremost, then RF was 2nd, and that it prevents the use of the DVD player in the seating position it needs to be in my vehicle, I'm losing the Foonf love.

The good news is that the full recline position really isn't *that* reclined! It's in that position in all my pics and it really didn't take up any more room front to back than my radian with angle adjuster. Since its not for young babies, I really think that's all the difference! She said they really wanted to add RF tether as an option for 2nd recline, but they were only able to get affirmative confirmation from ONE manufacturer saying they would allow tethering to a seat track (Toyota), everyone else said there is no way to measure those loads, and especially in conjunction with advanced airbags an the occupancy monitoring stuff that goes with that. I think RF tethering is going to get very interesting in the next few years for sure.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
EmmaCPST said:
The good news is that the full recline position really isn't *that* reclined! It's in that position in all my pics and it really didn't take up any more room front to back than my radian with angle adjuster. Since its not for young babies, I really think that's all the difference!

Chris and I had tried it in my vehicle and it was more reclined than it is in yours. And I have a kid who likes to sit more upright of course. She's always straining her head forward and lifting it off the seat in car seats and strollers unless they're quite upright. LOL

And in the reclined position, the DVD player can be opened and will knock her in the face, which I can see TechnoKid doing by accident. The more upright one seemed to have the DVD player hit the top of the seat. Add to that that this seat almost touches my ceiling, it blocks the view out the sidecwindow too when shoulder checking and blocks more out the rear than an adult's head out the back. So it's definitely going to be something we need to try for a couple days before whipping out $500. My heart sunk when I saw it so close to the ceiling. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Kel

So if the FOONF has honey comb, and the britax has safe cell, does the RN have anything similar? lol.
Kelley

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC