I didn't think I would do it, but I have a new ride!

msg221

I swore I was going to drive my '03 Toyota Highlander another year or two minimum, but then DH wanted to "look" at something else and on Saturday afternoon, we came home with this 2013 Kia Sorento in Cherry Red with a black interior! It does have the third row seats and I actually used it Sunday night, with Nour & Zain's 7 year-old cousin Ziad in a TB and Ziad's luckily petite and skinny mother sitting next to him! It's fine for short trips, but I can't see any adult sitting back there for a long trip.

Anyway, we did get $2,500 in rebates and $2,000 more for the trade of my Highlander than I was expecting (from when I looked up the KBB price before heading to the dealer, so I knew what to expect). I was still wondering if we did the right thing Saturday night and couldn't sleep at all, having a little buyer's remorse, but now I am okay with it. I really do love it! The driver's seat is definitely more comfortable than the one in my Highlander. I probably wouldn't mind doing road trips in this!

And here are the obligatory pics:

Side view:

IMAG0910.jpg

Rear view:

IMAG0911.jpg

And I even have car seat pics already since we had Ethan & Chase yesterday afternoon! Ethan in the FR85 which I installed with LATCH because the short belt path didn't work (I am sad about that, because it was so easy in the Highlander!) and I didn't have time to try the LBP. Chase is in the RN RXT, with the angle adjuster. It was hitting the back of the passenger seat without it.

IMAG0908.jpg

And just one of Ethan being silly in the pirate hat and mustache that was in his Carl's Jr. Kids meal:

IMAG0909.jpg

ADS

msg221

Congrats!! It's pretty. :)

Thanks! I really wanted a red car this time and I love the color of this one. I also loved the red in the Hyundai Sante Fe (our other pick, but we decided on this instead) but it did not have the option of a gray or black interior, only beige, and no way was I doing beige with the kids! What I do love about the Sorento is that the back of the driver and passenger seats are hard plastic, not fabric, so those FF kids can put their shoes on it and I can just wipe the dirt right off!

Congrats!! If we had unlimited funds, I'd have a new car all the time. It looks really nice!

You and my husband both! When we were first together, he was trading cars in every 2-3 years! We have been together for almost 20 years, and this is the 5th car we have had together and my Highlander and the 1993 Toyota T-100 he used to have, we kept for ten years each. His current truck is 5 years old and paid for, and he plans to keep it for a long time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC