I did it, I joined the ranks, I broke my "I'll never..."

Momof4Girls

IMG_0446.jpg

Yup, I bought my SN 4.5 y/o a RNXTSL. It was a return at my BRU (they don't normally carry it), and I bought it for 194. It was marked to 239, and then I traded in an old Pack n Play for the 25% off.

We went in intending to buy a BLVD70.

I always said I'd never buy a RN, b/c they're made in China. While this seat is not the right seat for my family, it IS the right seat for this child who benefits greatly from the RF position in that it helps her rest and conserve energy.

My almost 8 y/o fits RF by height, but at 47lbs, she's too heavy. My 6 y/o would fit RF on a light day (she's 45.5lbs now).

I'm still in shock looking in my back seat. The RNXTSL replaces my expired :( WZ.

ADS

Momof4Girls

That was my thought. I was able to get a rockin' install RF in my van (2006 Dodge Sprinter) in like no time flat. FF installs are a bigger PITA (no LATCH, either...vehicle is out of the weight class required to offer LATCH. Newer models have a few LATCH positions, however, as seen on J&K+8 when their kids were in RNs).

We had a hard time convincing her to give up her "purple flower seat" (Shannon BLVD). We got her to "buy" it by saying that this seat was for bigger kids, and wasn't she a bigger kid now? (her issues have left her much smaller than her peers) After riding in it for a little while, she said, "Hey, this seat IS more comfortable than my purple seat!" I asked her what she liked better, and she said, "The space by the feet is my favorite!"

Apparently the leg room (or lack thereof) in the BLVD was an issue...she just didn't know any better.

Anyway, DD4 (formerly occupying the now-expired WZ) is thrilled with the purple flower seat....and DS will have something not so girly to move into eventually...

babyherder

She looks very comfy. And I probably would have done the same thing. Maybe its time to start saving for a flora or petal cover? Or not, since you didn't want to buy a radian to begin with, but its a thought.

Momof4Girls

We might have to. Even dh said something about getting a new cover for her (it). We're not fans of the cover, but what are you going to do when it's the only one, right?

Now, I need help with non-easter-bunny-vomit-covered seat covers for that one...I've not paid attention to RN seat covers of any sort (LOL). I've seen the Flora one, and that one is fairly subtle...it could work.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC