I caved **Pics added!**

Persimmon

ADS

newyorkDOC

Chest clips are prohibited in Europe bc emergency responders must be able to release the child in one motion.

If I were buying new today of actually probably get an axkidd or a max-fix. I'm actually debating if I want to keep my TWE once I put DD in a booster (which will be soon). I don't really have any gripes with the seat but I like some of the features of the other 2.

Phineasmama

The brand new one from Britax with rigid latch and adjustable recline looks SOOOO awesome, but with the crazy stupid LATCH rules going on here lately I wouldn't even think of buying it :(

remken

Can anyone tell me how wide this is on the bottom? Or if they think it would have a good chance of puzzling next to the recaro probooster in a 05 impala? It would go probooster, twe, radian

KaiLing

I keep forgetting to post this, and this thread has reminded me, but...

THE PRIUS ATE MY MT.

Here's how: I had the tethers installed around the passenger seat track. This is how I usually do it--I'm surrounded by cars with prohibitions on pushing on the seat back and I'm not comfortable messing with the seat. So in the Prius, the passenger seat supports have little pokey things, which I did not realize. They put HOLES IN MY TETHER. Holes. In. My. Tether.

New tethers have been purchased, and now I will always always always run my hand around the seat track upright before I install it and I will err on the side of not putting it in places like that.

OK, off to start a thread somewhere else so this will be searchable. But Swedish seat owners beware: Prius no likey tight RF tethers.

newyorkDOC

Posted this in the other thread too but there are tether anchors you can purchase and install onto the tracks.

Also 2010 Prius doesn't have this issue just FTR.

Phineasmama

How long did it take for delivery of your seat?

Quite a while. It took forever for the tracking to update after it left Sweden, and then once it got to customs I had to wait another like 5 days for it to CLEAR customs, and then once it did it was here two days later. But it did certainly take longer than I thought it would for priority shipping.

penguingrooves

remken said:
How long did it take for delivery of your seat?

i ordered mine over a monday holiday weekend (saturday morning, swedish time) and arrived within a week on friday or saturday. i was shocked by how quickly it arrived, and i used the cheapest shipping option. i must've gotten lucky at customs.

remken

Thanks, yeah the 3-5 days priority shipping on carseat.se makes it sound like delivery is quick. Glad I didn't do the cheaper shipping.

MotoMommaNH

The brand new one from Britax with rigid latch and adjustable recline looks SOOOO awesome, but with the crazy stupid LATCH rules going on here lately I wouldn't even think of buying it :(

Are you talking about the MaxFix? that thing is like the perfect RF'ing car seat, haha. I can't get over how easy the install appears. If only we had Euro ISOFIX regulations here...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC