How would you arrange this?

jennzee

Emmy's Monterey arrived today and she's really excited to take it for a ride! I plan on letting her sit in it for short rides for a while to see how she does, and I want to keep her Radian installed and ready for the longer trips. So, I have a couple of options.

#1 Put the booster seat in the second row, where the Raidan currently is. I'll be able to keep a better eye on her there and easily help her with the buckle if she struggles with it. Also, in this position I can use LATCH to secure the booster. The downside to this option is that it will require the Radian to move to the third row, outboard where there is no top tether.

#2 Leave the Radian in the second row and put the booster in the 3rd row. Downsides to this are that the booster won't be secured by LATCH (not a huge deal to me) and that I'll have a harder time helping her buckle and monitoring how she's sitting. Upside is the Radian will have the top tether.

Which is the lesser of two evils? When it comes to really long rides (going to grandma's house 2 1/2 hours away) I don't mind taking the booster out and moving the Radian back to the second row....but I don't want to have to do that for every longer ride we take (say, rides of 1-2 hours). I'm pregnant and it's just too much work to do that much shuffling....rides over 2 hours will be few and far between, but we drive 1-1.5 hours away semi-frequently.

ADS

HaileysMommy

Any reason they can't be on the same row? I would probably but the booster on the second row bc you definitely need to have a good visual on her. The radian tests good without the tt but I'd still be hesitant to use it without.

jennzee

Any reason they can't be on the same row? I would probably but the booster on the second row bc you definitely need to have a good visual on her. The radian tests good without the tt but I'd still be hesitant to use it without.

I've got other seats in both the second and third row. No matter how I arrange it, one of the harnessed seats will be without a top tether. The only exception to that would be to put one of my boosters right next to another seat, which I don't want to do for the sake of making buckling incredibly difficult.

Brianna

I would choose #1 because the Radian performs well untethered and it will make your life easier.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Is removing the RN from the vehicle, totally, and then swapping with the Monterey as necessary an option?

I don't think I'd choose to leave a harnessed seat untethered when there is a TA available.

Which seat are the majority of the rides going to be in?

jennzee

I could leave the Radian out, but it will still be inconvenient. The majority of her riding will be in the booster, but she'll need to ride in the Radian 2-3 times a week right now, which is a lot of in and out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC