How to sell a car seat?

I want to sell my older dd's carseat. It was made in 2007, so I know it hasn't "expired" yet.

Was curious if anybody can point me in the right direction on how to sell it or how you have sold yours since places like OUAC won't buy them from me.

Thanks

ADS

Mae

Craigslist?

Explain that it was well taken care of, no accidents, no washing of the straps, etc. That is, as long as those things are true. ;)

Around here, we usually pass things around on the Car Seat Swap section of the board, but I see that you don't meet the requirements.

I'd try Craigslist and explain that it was very well taken care of, and then explain how much "life" it has left on it, etc. :)

You could also ask family and friends.

Craigslist?

Explain that it was well taken care of, no accidents, no washing of the straps, etc. That is, as long as those things are true. ;)

Around here, we usually pass things around on the Car Seat Swap section of the board, but I see that you don't meet the requirements.

I'd try Craigslist and explain that it was very well taken care of, and then explain how much "life" it has left on it, etc. :)

You could also ask family and friends.

I have been a member since 2007, I just don't remember the email I used back then. I found this place when I started looking for a convertilbe car seat for my first born. I got her the britax marathon in the luau print in 2007. I want to sell the seat now because it still has life to it and I think I'm going to go ahead and also get my dd2 the frontier. I just got dd1's frontier in the mail today and I love it.

How much should I list the seat for?

I'll look into craigslist. I've never sold anything on the internet before. I hope it's not difficult.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I have been a member since 2007, I just don't remember the email I used back then. I found this place when I started looking for a convertilbe car seat for my first born. I got her the britax marathon in the luau print in 2007. I want to sell the seat now because it still has life to it and I think I'm going to go ahead and also get my dd2 the frontier. I just got dd1's frontier in the mail today and I love it.

How much should I list the seat for?

I'll look into craigslist. I've never sold anything on the internet before. I hope it's not difficult.

If you have an older account and remember the username, you can send me a message and I can have it issue a reminder to the email address on file. If you can verify you own both of them, I can merge them to combine posts and date registered.

If you have an older account and remember the username, you can send me a message and I can have it issue a reminder to the email address on file. If you can verify you own both of them, I can merge them to combine posts and date registered.

Hi Darren! I don't remember the email address I used. We're military, so we've had so many email addresses with our cable company it's not even funny.

I'm so glad I held off a little while on the Frontier 85. I got a really good deal on it at diapers.com the other day and just recived it today!. I read your review on it and remember you talking about it on here this past winter before it came out. It was so easy to install! I got the pink one for my older dd!

Last edited:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Hi Darren! I don't remember the email address I used. We're military, so we've had so many email addresses with our cable company it's not even funny.

I'm so glad I held off a little while on the Frontier 85. I got a really good deal on it at diapers.com the other day and just recived it today!. I read your review on it and remember you talking about it on here this past winter before it came out. It was so easy to install! I got the pink one for my older dd!

If you know just the username, please send it to me in a PM and perhaps we can confirm it through email or other means.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC