How to fit 3 car seats in a 2021 Volvo XC60

R

Rick

Hi there-
My wife and I are trying to sort out if it’s possible to fit 3 car seats in our 2021 XC60 but the initial reading I’ve done doesn’t look promising. I realize that the seats we have now will likely not fit and I’m prepared to purchase 3 new seats if it can prevent us from changing out vehicle. Right now we have a 2.5 year old in a Nuna Rava and are expecting twins in February. We have a Uppababy Mesa from our first ones birth that’s we could use if we can figure out a configuration that would work.

In summary, we will need to have a set up that accommodates a 3 year old and two newborns. I very much appreciate everyone’s help in advance!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Your middle seat is very tight, in particular. I don't think you'll be able to make it work with the seats you currently have. Is the eldest going to be rear or forward facing?

R

Rick

Your middle seat is very tight, in particular. I don't think you'll be able to make it work with the seats you currently have. Is the eldest going to be rear or forward facing?
I’m totally open to purchasing new seats if there is a tried and true configuration. We’d like to keep him rear facing as long as possible as he’ll only be 3 but can put him forward facing if absolutely necessary.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There's nothing tried, that I'm aware of. Looking at your vehicle seats and dimensions, and taking the needs of multiples into account, I would try a Graco Slimfit3 LX/True3Fit (same seat, 2 names) for the eldest (likely center) and the Clek Lling or maybe Chicco Keyfit for the babies; all seatbelt installs to maximize space. You'll need to check for independently tight installs and I would purchase from somewhere with easy returns such as Target or Amazon.

R

Rick

Thanks ketchupqueen! If I upgrade to the XC90 do you think it’d fit with the existing car seats 3 across in the second row?

T

Twincarseats

Did you ever figure out a way to make it work? I’m in the same situation

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC